$200 cheaper? There has to be a way to get this money back

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

seb481

Silver
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
There HAS to be some kind of loophole to get this money back. I am ANGRY. VERY VERY ANGRY. While it's for sure that I will never buy any Apple product again (I've never been a fan of the brand anyway), I really want to get this money back, in some way or another.

If you have any suggestion, please post here. If you wanna say something like "stop complaining because blahblah blahhhhh", please don't post as it will probably increase my anger. Also, please do not suggest to return it if it has been less than 14 days, we know that.
Thanks

Romanesq

Bronze
Jul 11, 2007
From the greatest generation...

to the biggest bunch of crybabies: all within a century.
Who knew?

I opened my wallet and spent money. I'm a victim! :mad:
Loved the phone since bought it in first day. Apple's pricing now is their businesss. My businesss I decide when I spend the dollars. Not after the fact.

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
Personally I think the only people that deserve to be angry are the ones who purchased the phone a month ago or less. If I bought it 16 days ago, I would be super pissed off. A lot of people probably bought the phones so they could have it during their Labor Day vacations. They might have bought the phone a week before the weekend to get familiar with it for their trips. Now they are stuck paying an extra $200 just because they bought it 3 days too soon. (I'm assuming the people who purchased it 2 weeks ago or less can return the phone for a partial refund, then purchase a new one for $400. I would.)

Jul 24, 2007
Give Apple a call. I purchased my iPhone July 30 and called them
Today after the announcement and they are going to credit me $150, told me they had just been given the info on what to do with the situation and that it would take 3-5 businesss daysto clear their bank.

seb481

Silver
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
Give Apple a call. I purchased my iPhone July 30 and called them
Today after the announcement and they are going to credit me $150, told me they had just been given the info on what to do with the situation and that it would take 3-5 businesss daysto clear their bank.
That has to be a lie. I was on the phone literally 10 minutes ago with Apple and they said there is nothing to do!

hoits2000

Bronze
Mar 15, 2007
Man, he said just positive ideas, make your own thread and complain.

Anyway, when did you purchase it?

My friend did his about the first week of aug, almost a month.

Last edited by a moderator:

uPhone559

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
anyone have email address for ATT customer service and APPLE customer service - they seem to make it hard to find them for some reason lol

seb481

Silver
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
Man, he said just positive ideas, make your own thread and complain.

Anyway, when did you purchase it?

My friend did his about the first week of aug, almost a month.
Got mine on July 28 I think. I didn't just called and complained. I told them I was a loyal customer and that I felt cheated

seb481

Silver
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
anyone have email address for ATT customer service and APPLE customer service - they seem to make it hard to find them for some reason lol
I called Apple at 800-694-7466. It is customer SUPPORT. They don't have customer SERVICE. For ATT customer service, call 611 from your iPhone

hoits2000

Bronze
Mar 15, 2007
People who got credits, what form was it in? Credit to your original card or Apple giftcard or what?

Thanks

Eric

dsuppa

Bronze
Jul 3, 2007
New Jersey
www.dfsdesigns.com
No one is getting refunds, While I am extremely pissed the F off about this. It's not Apples fault we all bought the phone early in its life. If I knew this 2 weeks ago I would not have bought my MacBook though, because I am without a doubt DONE giving $teve my money.

seb481

Silver
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
I am without a doubt DONE giving $teve my money.
That's the spirit! I was telling my IT manager this morning that I was thining about getting a iBook (it would have been my very first time Apple computer). After that, thanks but no thanks, I will stick to MicroSoft. At least they don't stab me in the back!

ucla24

Bronze
Aug 17, 2007
Scored 2 refunds in store!

Posted this in another thread, but don't give up people:

I just got back from Apple Store and got 2 refunds of $216.50 each for my 2 iPhones. I has outside the 14 day return period on both....one was 16 days and the other was 27 days.....bottom line, call around and be persistent and only talk to store managers.....you have nothing to lose and some serious cash to gain...I really love my iPhone now!:laugh2:

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
I was also considering a Macbook after purchasing the iPhone, but forget that. I don't like Apples way of doing businesss! I will stick with microsoft!

Giies

Bronze
Jul 31, 2007
I wish Apple will go out of businesss. lol

glad i didn't buy anything from Apple except this damn iPhone.

seb481

Silver
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
As usual, Apple cares more about selling than taking care of loyal customers. Personnaly, I don't give a hoot about iTunes on iPhone (I steal music, yes, I do). BUT, I would have appreciated the copy/paste feature, OR maybe being able to download pictures from emails, OR maybe being able to add more than 2 picture to an email, you know, the basic stuffs.....

el31415

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
That's the spirit! I was telling my IT manager this morning that I was thining about getting a iBook (it would have been my very first time Apple computer). After that, thanks but no thanks, I will stick to MicroSoft. At least they don't stab me in the back!
I didn't know that Microsoft was making laptop

:p