$200 iPhone coming up?

Napoleon PhoneApart

Genius
Platinum
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I know Ive heard that name before "Kevin Rose"?

But anyway's I'm not snobby or anything, but I hope that that the price point stays as it is or "expensive". Im in High School and I remember that iPods were like the coolest things you could have or own, but when the shuffle came out it didn't matter much cause it didn't have a screen, but when the nano came out it seemed like everyone was able to have an iPod. Back then it seemed like something "exclusive", If the iPhone did that I sell mine in second cause it wouldn't take long for them to end up like the razr!

You do remember the Razr right?Lol! It started off as an ultra exclusive phone, then went to retail as being the "$500 dollar phone" and it seemed like every 6-months to a year another $100 dollars would be knocked, til it became a free phone for almost every carrier, and everyone and their grandma has a razr!
Do you want 7-8 year olds with an iPhone? Cause I've seriously seen a 7 year old with a razr, and a iPod nano!- and what hurt more is that he treated his iPod with no respect throwing it around like it were a "zune", Lol!
So the coolness factor is more important to you than the functionality factor?

projectdarkside

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
So the coolness factor is more important to you than the functionality factor?
Well for now atleast. I'm "just" a High Schooler, so until I go to college I wont really need much except using the phone, text, and safari:cool: But at the same time I've always chose my electronics more on design than function, like I think the iPod really became popular cause people saw the price to own one thinking or knowing it was/is a premium mp3 device, but also because who wants to show off a ugly, cheaply and poorly designed product with a whole bunch of clutter and useless buttons. But I guess It also dominated because of the clickwheel(Design), and the simple iTunes software:laugh2:

Heres some examples:

Last edited by a moderator:

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
i think the point Napoleon was trying to make is if it is the best phone for you, who cares who else has it, or why they have it?

projectdarkside

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
OK you won:p I now understand what he is saying, but in High School people think that just because they own an iPod or an iPhone they can hang out with any-one, or that it will get them friends and date's sadly enough, Lol!

My school is filled with so much "Teen" drama that I guess its starting to mess with my head, Lol!

projectdarkside

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
don't kids these days know that cars get the chicks?

it is the one universal truth...
[Bill Cosby Voice] These kids today don't listen, Lol!

Yeah its truth the cars do get the lady's, but these girls today are a lot more shallow. Awww it cant be any old car, its gotta be a mercedes or BMW! These girls think that I'm gonna go into debt to please them?:cool:They think I'm gonna work all month, just so I can my paycheck on them at the mall! I need help!

seb481

Silver
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
don't kids these days know that cars get the chicks?

it is the one universal truth...
HAHA cars don't get the chicks! That's what dudes with no game say. I had the shittiest car ever before buying my Audi and it didn't prevent me from getting laid like a rockstar...

If you really think cars get the ladies, well, you're doomed to hook up with shallow bit***s. Saaaaad

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
What a bunch of snobs! Everyone should be blessed enough to have an iPhone, get over yourselves.:p

Spikefood

Bronze
Oct 3, 2007
Well considering the fact that Apples market share has been falling recently (due to lack of iPhone sales), I don't know if its possible that Apple would take such a huge lose on each phone. However, ATT does pay Apple a heavy premium for getting exclusive rights.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
HAHA cars don't get the chicks! That's what dudes with no game say. I had the shittiest car ever before buying my Audi and it didn't prevent me from getting laid like a rockstar...

If you really think cars get the ladies, well, you're doomed to hook up with shallow bit***s. Saaaaad
I didn't say it was the only way. my point is that if you're playing the "I'm gonna buy X, because then I'll be cool" game, a car is a much more effective way to go.

Napoleon PhoneApart

Genius
Platinum
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
OK you won:p I now understand what he is saying, but in High School people think that just because they own an iPod or an iPhone they can hang out with any-one, or that it will get them friends and date's sadly enough, Lol!

My school is filled with so much "Teen" drama that I guess its starting to mess with my head, Lol!
I didn't mean to offend. I'm 52, and I sometimes forget what social life in high school is like. I didn't own a car in high school -- I flew in on a pteranodon. As far as being cool, I had the natural coolness gene...:cool:

Staszek

Bronze
Sep 24, 2007
Well considering the fact that Apples market share has been falling recently (due to lack of iPhone sales), I don't know if its possible that Apple would take such a huge lose on each phone. However, ATT does pay Apple a heavy premium for getting exclusive rights.
I haven't seen a lack of iPhone sales, the sales are right were they should be infact there is lack of stock now not lack of sales.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
BTW-Actually, AT&T online and phone (customer service) both have in stock 8g and 16g.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I didn't mean to offend. I'm 52, and I sometimes forget what social life in high school is like. I didn't own a car in high school -- I flew in on a pteranodon. As far as being cool, I had the natural coolness gene...:cool:
That was awesome. Sadly I'm starting to feel that way myself and I'm only 21 :oops:.

Also, who said there was anything wrong with beautiful shallow women...

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
For the record, i'm a senior in high school and throughout my high school career i've bought products with functionality in mind as well. Just putting that out there to save our rep.

projectdarkside

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
For the record, i'm a senior in high school and throughout high school i've bought products for functionality in mind as well. Just putting that out there to save our rep.
Well im not totally like that ya kno when it comes to things like calculators then you just gotta get one cause they don't really make Apple esque designed calculators:p Generally when it comes to portable electronics like an mp3 player, cell phone then I'll be the first to pick design first cause Id much rather carry "this than that":p

But with electronics like portable gps's, video game systems, ect (I cant think of much right now, probably cause its really late) you just have to choose from whats offered or not get it at all:)

Thanks for trying to save our rep bro!:laugh2:
-I wouldn't want this to turn into a sterotype, that is if it has already been prevented?

Last edited by a moderator: