200 MB of "OTHER" on my iPhone?

mrmacbook

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
After the 1.1.3 update, I noticed that I have 200 MB of on my iPhone. I have no idea what it is. My iPhone is a stock phone, no mods. I thought maybe it was something with safari history, cache, etc, so I cleared that and nothing happened.

Any ideas?

kdarling

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
NJ, NC, CO
If you go back to the previous iTunes, the memory comes "back".

Now there are online arguments over whether the memory was always missing, or whether the new iTunes simply has a bug in reporting free memory.

jjvaldez

Gold
Jul 3, 2007
Salinas, Ca
yes this is another thread,, you can still use the "other" space that is there...

but yes... they need to fix that...

SF_VR6

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
The other 200 MBs are widgets and apps that have yet to be unlocked until future software updates::mad:

Aug 28, 2007
lol mine is 400+ on a 1.1.2 jb and i have no idea why

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I've shrunk it down to around 100 MB by filling up the phone, so the space seems to be used dynamically, whatever it is.

stevetim

Silver
Jul 20, 2007
This is my experience in noticing "other" in iTunes. I know you said you just upgraded to 113, so it doesn't seem to pertain to you. But just in case I am copying a previous post of mine on the subject.

"I had this issue with past versions of iTunes and past versions of iPhone firmware.

What I found to probably be an issue was that some of the videos I deleted from my phone directly, were indeed not totally deleted and written over with blank space on the phones storage drive. The videos were in fact just "reference deleted" and in fact still on the iPhone and not categorized or labeled and thereforee, called "other" when iTunes did a read of the phone's contents.

Anyhow, this may or may not be fact, but this is what seemed to be my problem. I did in fact delete 2 or 3 videos directly from the phone that totaled about 100MB. And after I did that I noticed I had about 100MB "other".

The only soution I could come up with was a restore, and that rectified the problem."