2010 NFL Draft

Cjvdh

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2009
York, PA
www.twitter.com
I though maybe there would be some more talk around here or atleast a thread created on this already with all the avid football fans we have around here. Anyways discuss what trades your are looking forward to along with predictions and shocker's. With the first round already gone I guess we have tomorrow night and then Saturday.

The shocker for me was seeing Tim Tebow go in the first round I mean he is a well rounded kid and has a good attitude I just don't really see him making it far as a quarterback when he went to the Bronco's where they just drafted someone a few years ago Kyle Orton who is doing well for them right now.

Discuss.

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
If Tim Tebow goes in there and does what he says he is gonna do (first one there, last one to leave, give 100%) he will be starting soon. That is what it takes to be an elite QB in the NFL. Him doing that will spark others in the locker room to do the same thing. It ends up making it easier for the staff to make personnel decisions, because you see who is willing to be dedicated, and you see the people who show up when they have to just to earn their pay. Peyton Manning brought that kind of mentality to Indy and it changed the team a great bit. Constantly at the complex training, practicing, watching film, it makes the other players feel obligated to do the same. The ones who do not put forth the extra effort better have excellent raw talent, because if they put on a mediocre performance, they will be out the door.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
As a Cowboys fan, I am thrilled with the Dez Bryant pick. Cowboys offense is going to be insane if they can protect Romo.

Cjvdh

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2009
York, PA
www.twitter.com
As a Cowboys fan, I am thrilled with the Dez Bryant pick. Cowboys offense is going to be insane if they can protect Romo.
Yeah Dez is okay I just hope he doesn't turn out to be another Terrell Owens because that could lead him no where. I heard he has attitude problems but I really don't know him personally just going by what the people on TV were saying (ESPN Commentators) but I hope Dez does good.

imamac

Bronze
Mar 23, 2010
Steelers fan here... Interesting draft so far. Some smart picks but i agree with the tebow comment. A little questionable but he seems smart and capable so its really going to be up to the team to get him where he needs to be now.

I'm pleased with the steelers first round pick of a nice big center in maurkice pouncey from Florida. We needed someone to someday fill Faneca's big and sorely-missed shoes.

MileHighRob

Zealot
Gold
Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
I though maybe there would be some more talk around here or atleast a thread created on this already with all the avid football fans we have around here. Anyways discuss what trades your are looking forward to along with predictions and shocker's. With the first round already gone I guess we have tomorrow night and then Saturday.

The shocker for me was seeing Tim Tebow go in the first round I mean he is a well rounded kid and has a good attitude I just don't really see him making it far as a quarterback when he went to the Bronco's where they just drafted someone a few years ago Kyle Orton who is doing well for them right now.

Discuss.
Do you watch football CJ?