2011 Path to the World Series

Maketso

Silver
Jul 17, 2010
Never too early, eh?

Lots of significant Hot Stove movement going on. Lee to the Phillies, Werth to the Nats, Crawford and Gonzales to the Red Sox. Pavano is said to be the most desirable pitcher still out there, but I sure don't see him with the Yankees! Haha

Toilet316

Bronze
Sep 12, 2010
Pennslyvania
Nope it's never too early. Thanks for starting the new one. I think the phils next move is going to be Blanton or Ibanez for an outfield bat. They put themselves in a nice position with bringing Lee back home. I still can't believe it. I said it before and I'll day it again. Merry Cliffmas Philadelphia!

Maketso

Silver
Jul 17, 2010
Nope it's never too early. Thanks for starting the new one. I think the phils next move is going to be Blanton or Ibanez for an outfield bat. They put themselves in a nice position with bringing Lee back home. I still can't believe it. I said it before and I'll day it again. Merry Cliffmas Philadelphia!
I am  at the Phils' rotation! That's just crazy mad! And suddenly the Yanks have 5 catchers....

Toilet316

Bronze
Sep 12, 2010
Pennslyvania
I am  at the Phils' rotation! That's just crazy mad! And suddenly the Yanks have 5 catchers....
I'm stocking up on blank VHS tapes and I'm going to attempt to record the entire season. I honestly believe I will only see this once in my lifetime.

Irish Rose

Zealot
Sep 6, 2010
Absolutely! With Cliff Lee coming back to the Phillies, it's going to be a freaking awesome year for us Philly fans.

Maketso

Silver
Jul 17, 2010
Imagining a staff where he is not the ace - smh. But I hear we (Yanks) have a line on King Felix! I'd like to see him with some run support!

Maketso

Silver
Jul 17, 2010
I don't want this thread to turn into one where other people's teams are insulted. Thanks.

Irish Rose

Zealot
Sep 6, 2010
Thank you, IR, I appreciate that.

Who do you think is going to have hometown advantage in the WS, AL or NL?
I'm not sure either. However, if they did it the way it should be, it would go to the team that has the best record out of the two teams that make it into the world series.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using iCafe

Maketso

Silver
Jul 17, 2010
Or at least, if the All Star game is the determining factor, have the coaches or players pick the whole lineup. Not this popularity test!

Maketso

Silver
Jul 17, 2010
And Mike Golic at ESPN is picking the Phillies to win in 2011. I guess that means Greeny is taking the Field.

Maketso

Silver
Jul 17, 2010
The Brewers just traded for Zack Greinke, acquiring Shaun Marcum. Looks like they're serious about building their rotation. I wonder if it is harder for a pitcher to go from AL to NL or vice versa. Of course Marcum was leaving the AL East so he probably breathed a sigh of relief.

Toilet316

Bronze
Sep 12, 2010
Pennslyvania
The Brewers just traded for Zack Greinke, acquiring Shaun Marcum. Looks like they're serious about building their rotation. I wonder if it is harder for a pitcher to go from AL to NL or vice versa. Of course Marcum was leaving the AL East so he probably breathed a sigh of relief.
I feel just switching leagues in general is tough because you have to learn all new hitters. On the flip side the hitters have to learn about you.

Maketso

Silver
Jul 17, 2010
I feel just switching leagues in general is tough because you have to learn all new hitters. On the flip side the hitters have to learn about you.
How long has it been since AL pitchers hit? Little League? I think that would make going to the NL a real challenge! But then they are throwing to a pitcher instead of a DH.

I'm not a fan of the DH.

Maketso

Silver
Jul 17, 2010
I like pitchers' duels better than big offense. I enjoy trying to figure out what the pitch is going to be. I'm probably about 50-50, lol.