2013 iPhone keynote thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
A link will not be available until nearer the event. Stay tuned.

Yes I know! Is it sad that we're so excited about a mobile phone?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
It is sad! No, it's exciting and there are lots of everyday boring things that are not exciting in life. This is a welcomed change up in my day. I love it. Let's gossip on!

I'm pretty excited for the announcements today. Not sure if I will be upgrading my 5 or not just yet. I'm either going to upgrade my other halfs 4s or mine so I'll at least have the new phone in my house lol. She doesn't really care for the latest and greatest she's more of a if it works it's for her. But she accepts my hobbies and I consider my getting the new iPhone on iDay every year since the first one a hobby.

IllusionEntity

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 3, 2010
Borough Green, Kent, UK
I'm pretty excited for the announcements today. Not sure if I will be upgrading my 5 or not just yet. I'm either going to upgrade my other halfs 4s or mine so I'll at least have the new phone in my house lol. She doesn't really care for the latest and greatest she's more of a if it works it's for her. But she accepts my hobbies and I consider my getting the new iPhone on iDay every year since the first one a hobby.
Hobby? Couldn't have said it better myself..

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
Hobby? Couldn't have said it better myself..

I love it when the better halfs are on board! It's good for everyone involved! I'm using my hubby's full subsidy for the iPhone 5S and he's getting my iPhone 5. We both win! YAY!

IllusionEntity

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 3, 2010
Borough Green, Kent, UK
I love it when the better halfs are on board! It's good for everyone involved! I'm using my hubby's full subsidy for the iPhone 5S and he's getting my iPhone 5. We both win! YAY!
If I was your hubby we would have to wrestle for it I think.

That's exactly what will happen if I get the upgrade. She will get my 5 which she is leery about because it's only 16gig and she needs at least 32 because she has a ton of music. Decisions decisions!

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
That's exactly what will happen if I get the upgrade. She will get my 5 which she is leery about because it's only 16gig and she needs at least 32 because she has a ton of music. Decisions decisions!
@Muckcityjustin

She's got to use the iCloud and Music Match for her music! I have access to ALL OF MY MUSIC through iCloud and Music Match and I don't fill my iPhone up with music. No way!

Do you use iCloud for anything?

Last edited:

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
And so it begins .......

View attachment 30785

Before the event we are waiting for, the Apple Store is down for updates I suppose. What could they be updating? Will we be preordering today? LOL! I think not.

Sent using iCafe app
They're just removing that last little bit of linen.

@Muckcityjustin

She's got to use the iCloud and Music Match for her music! I have access to ALL OF MY MUSIC through iCloud and Music Match and I don't fill my iPhone up with music. No way!

Do you use iCloud for anything?
Yeah I do the same but don't really use my phone for music much. I have 2 iPods and still my original iPhone as an iPod as well. I just had it out on my desk at home with original box thinking to myself. "man this is gonna be worth something someday."
I have all the original packaging and my original iPhone is still in pretty good fully working condition.

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
Yeah I do the same but don't really use my phone for music much. I have 2 iPods and still my original iPhone as an iPod as well. I just had it out on my desk at home with original box thinking to myself. "man this is gonna be worth something someday."
I have all the original packaging and my original iPhone is still in pretty good fully working condition.
NICE! That could definitely be worth a lot of something one day. Hold on to it and keep it in as much working order as you can. I don't know if I'd use it as much as I would just juice it up now and again and make sure it was still working. Scout around for buyers you never know what you could get for it.

Tell your better half, if she doesn't know, about iCloud and Music Match so she would feel more comfortable getting a lower GB iPhone. She doesn't need to store her music on the iPhone.

RyansTitan05

Contributor
Bronze
Aug 21, 2008
Can this thread be locked from comments? Be easier just reading the keynote post

Sent using iCafe app

firewire

Silver
Nov 4, 2007
If the 5C is offered in the US, It may be the real deal for a lot more people than you might think.
You think so? I'm not sure just yet. I feel the people that would buy an iPhone wouldn't be caught dead using the cheaper device, especially because you can easily tell it's the 5C and not the 5S.

Maybe a bunch of orders from parents for their 13 year olds, that I can see.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
You think so? I'm not sure just yet. I feel the people that would buy an iPhone wouldn't be caught dead using the cheaper device, especially because you can easily tell it's the 5C and not the 5S.

Maybe a bunch of orders from parents for their 13 year olds, that I can see.
Tons of people opt for the free iPhone 4 right now. I'm not sure why this is much different. It's still an iPhone and a lot of people can't justify the cost of the newest/best iPhone.

LDT

Bronze
Aug 19, 2008
Just noticed that the Apple Store is down for upgrading. Could this mean anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.