2016 iPhone 7 to be "Thinnest Yet", in Line with New iPod Touch and iPad Air 2

Discussion in 'iPhone 6S' started by Napoleon PhoneApart, Sep 6, 2015.

1. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

It's never too early to start rumor-mongering about the iPhone 7, so here goes.

2. billnye97

billnye97 Contributor
    Silver

The iPhone 6 and 6 Plus are way to slim the way it is. It is the first iPhone that I had to put a case on or it would slip out of my hand.

3. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Speaking of slippery, I took my Plus out of its case last night to clean up with a microfiber cloth (I have a prospective Craigslist buyer this evening). That sucker went flying out of my hand and landed several feet from me (on carpet, thank goodness). I'll always use a case.

4. Loquutis

Loquutis Contributor
    Bronze

Never used a case. Never ever went flying. I could never hide such a nice looking phone in those boxy, rubbery, bloated, horrid cases.

5. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

When yours eventually goes flying, come look us up.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I think the leather Apple cases are pretty nice, slim and surprisingly protective. Without a case, it's really slippery to me. It's easier to lose a secure grip on the 6/6 Plus than any of the past iPhones due to the size, material and rounded edges. To test this, hold it in your hand with the Lightning port facing the ground and very slightly loosen your grip. It will slip through your hand with just a tiny bit less pressure. I'm mindful to keep a tight grip mine tightly whenever it's not in a case. It hasn't gone flying, but I know it could easily slip without that tight grip. My leather case makes it require significantly less pressure for a good grip, so I don't have to worry about it.

7. Loquutis

Loquutis Contributor
    Bronze

Yes, I have said before I use a leather Sena case. More of a sleeve actually. Just not a case such as those Otter cases. So industrial looking.
    Hey, when it does go flying, so be it. Wear and tear is to be expected. It will then have that nice "lived in" look to it.

8. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

You said you never used a case in your previous post.

9. Loquutis

Loquutis Contributor
    Bronze

No case, sleeve. I've said that before.

10. ednygma

ednygma Contributor
    Bronze

I previously used the Apple Leather case and liked it a lot for the same reasons as you. I switched to the Tech 21 because I wanted the lip to go all the way around the phone. With the way the Apple Leather was open at the bottom it caused my Zagg glass protector to begin to fray at the bottom edges and took away from the aesthetics. I slide my 6+ in my pocket when walking around and that is what caused the fraying along the open edge. With the Tech 21 and a replacement Zagg my phone slides in and out of my pockets well and there is no fraying. The Apple Leather is still a great case in my opinion but ended up not being what I really needed.

11. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Oh, it's a sleeve. You said you never use a case in your first post, then you said you use a leather sena case in your second post. You used the word case, so I thought it was a case.

12. Loquutis

Loquutis Contributor
    Bronze

Sorry, I did not mean to mislead anyone.
    Yes I use the sleeve to prevent any scratching. But "cases" I don't really like. I only ever used one on my first 3GS phone and it scratched the hell out of the back and sides of the phone.
    I had a rubber bumper sort of case for about 15 minutes when I first got the 5. I returned it right away. I didn't even make it home with that case. I just can't stand holding a block of rubber in my hand when it should be the smooth silky feel of the phone. They are so industrial looking.
    I know I have a bad habit of jumping on posts about cases. I should really stop that.

13. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Good post. I wasn't trying to pick on you. You just confuzzled me a bit with sleeves and cases.

14. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

15. acosmichippo

acosmichippo Genius
    Platinum

If either of those happen I'll eat a hat.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  16. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

That is the weirdest sentence I've heard all month. :D

I like it!

17. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

What? You haven't read any of your own posts? :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  18. 47seijar

47seijar Zealot
    Bronze

This thinness mania has gone too far IMHO. We have begun compromising function for form. It's like when the mania for tiny phones swept the industry. Postage stamp-sized screens make for a small phone but the usefulness of such screens is nil. Nobody wants a brick for a phone. Anybody else have a Nokia E90? I did. That was me rebelling against the smaller/thinner/lighter movement that was beginning. We were headed for the "Zoolander phone." So an iPhone a couple millimeters thicker, but with a significantly better battery, would be a huge step up. Imagine how Apple would set the world on fire (again) with a 2-day battery? I remember my old BlackBerrys that would last 3-4 days on a single charge. By todays' standards these old phones did squat, but oh that battery life!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  19. Tattooed Alex

Tattooed Alex Genius
    Gold

I am hoping for wafer thin mint thinness

20. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

[​IMG]