2017 Apple iPhone X Live Event Discussion

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
Ok, I have to admit I'm not really all that excited about either of these new phones. My problem is, my wife has a cracked screen which means she is expecting me to upgrade so she gets the Jet Black 7 Plus.

I didn't quite catch the new pricing on the 7 Plus, but maybe I just get her one of those, and use the money saved to get a series 3 watch.

I don't think she'll have any interest in my series one watch. I wonder what I could even get for that now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I love the design of the iPhone X and Face ID, however, I can't really justify buying it at this time. I will wait another year. There could be problems with the screen and Face ID as it didn't perform the first time for Craig Federighi. With any new technology, I like to wait for them to work out the glitches. Another issue is the long wait. I wouldn't have the iPhone X in my hands until November, and that is if there are no delays. I went through that nightmare last year.

ednygma

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 9, 2009
Louisville, KY
One upside to the delay in ordering of the X is that it gives case and screen protection manufacturers more time to get their supply lines updated and ready to go.