2017 Apple iPhone X Live Event Discussion

Discussion in 'iPhone X' started by Europa, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I heard that, too.

2. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

It got a bit of run on Twitter too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. JWiPhone

JWiPhone Genius
    Gold

I have a feeling the iPhone 8 will not be too popular. I think most will hold out for the iPhone X. I also think we could see delays with the iPhone X. Some may not receive theirs until the Holiday season or even after the New Year.

4. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

I have already begun to lean towards the iPhone 8 Plus. My biggest problem is, if I preorder it to be mailed to my house, I won't get it until October 2 since I leave on September 20 to go to Washington DC, Las Vegas, and Salt Lake City for about two weeks. There's a part of me that wonders if I could just pick one up at a store in the DC/Virginia area on launch day.

5. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I'm guessing you'd have to wait in line to get one even though the X decrease demand. You probably wouldn't have to wait all night. Will you have a car or be using the Metro? The Metro goes right to the Pentagon City Mall, which has an Apple Store. It's the Pentagon City stop and it's on the 3rd floor pretty close to the entrance.

Any fun plans for Vegas?

6. jaw2k9

jaw2k9 Member
    Bronze

I am still using my 6 plus 64mb model. The battery is sometimes a bit wonky. Have had it since Nov of whenever it was released. The kids and my wife have 6s or 6s plus. None of us were particularly impressed with the new phones. Frankly I am mostly disappointed. Get a new phone that really does not do much more than my old phone or go to Hawaii for maybe a week or 2? I had really high hopes for the 10, it's faster and has face recognition, and animated emojis - but for the average user, I am just really unimpressed. And in our family we have really immersed ourselves in apple stuff, 2 watches, 3 laptops, 4 phones and 2 ipads. So, on the one hand I don't know what it would have taken, but on the other around Christmas someone is going to be blowing out iphone 7's for some stupid low cost, I think I will get one of those and hope that by the time the 11 or 11s or 12 come out they really do something 'magical' maybe true wireless charging (for example).

Oh, and I have been here, but lurker mostly.

7. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

Good information to have.

Vegas is really just on the agenda on our way to and from Utah. With a multi city trip, and 2 people flying, we did better to fly in and out of Vegas and drive up. Got a really cheap rental car via Turo.

Not much time in vegas the day we get in as my son wants to see Ben Shapiro speak at the University of Utah the night we fly in.

On the way home, we anticipate getting into Vegas around 6 pm Sunday night and we fly out Sunday morning. May try to take in a show Sunday night. I'll be traveling with my 16 year old son so that hampers my ability to gamble somewhat. I'm debating whether to even get a hotel room or just wander downtown and the strip since we have to. E at the airport by 5 am.

8. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Cool. My parents are flying back here to Utah from Alaska right now. Man, I can't wait to go back up there next year sometime. Yesterday, I sat atop a big red hill at the end of my desert hike and daydreamed about glaciers.

Rooms in Vegas are super cheap on Sunday nights. Might as well get one and get a little sleep before heading back.

9. Mommy

Mommy Zealot
    Gold

Can they be on the iPhone 8?? Or just X?

10. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Only the X.