2G Battery life

h1w1nd

Nov 28, 2008
california
I've had my 2G iPhone since day 1, battery's been not so good since 5 months ago but now its gotten to the point to when I wake up in the morning its 1/4 full after charging the previous day and not even talking on it that much.

I restore maybee 1-2 week, took off apps, left apps on, turned brightness down to 0-50% (auto on)

Is it time to upgrade to a 3G? I heard the battery life isn't so great with those either and I browse the web a LoT!

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
You could upgrade to a 3G or send in your iPhone for a battery replacement.

If you do choose to upgrade to a 3G, you shouldn't worry about the battery life.

If you're on stock 2.2 firmware, the battery life is great. I browse the web a lot too and I charge my iPhone every other day.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Sounds like it might be time for a battery replacement.
As far as the 3G goes, after the 2.2 update battery has been really good for most. If you leave location,3g,and wifi off when not needed and keep the brightness down, you will see very good battery life.

Picazzo

Zealot
Gold
Jan 21, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
I've had my 2G iPhone since day 1, battery's been not so good since 5 months ago but now its gotten to the point to when I wake up in the morning its 1/4 full after charging the previous day and not even talking on it that much.

I restore maybee 1-2 week, took off apps, left apps on, turned brightness down to 0-50% (auto on)

Is it time to upgrade to a 3G? I heard the battery life isn't so great with those either and I browse the web a LoT!
Browsing the web a lot= taking battery life! Buying an 3G isn't the solution for you on battery life! Heavy use on games, web surfing, wireless connection etc. is taking all the life of the iPhone battery!

pemarsh

Bronze
Jun 5, 2007
3g not the answer for battery life improvement.