2G iPhone unlocked 'officially' but still not working with T-Mobile.

Tittch

Dec 23, 2008
A friend sent his 2G iPhone with 2.2 software off for repair and 'unlock' whilst they were at it, so that I could borrow use it with UK T-Mobile. However iTunes is saying that my card is an unsuitable sim. I've tried it with a 3G sim and a non-3G sim, but it's the same results with both.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks!

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
Some more detail would be helpful. To whom was it sent for unlocking? What method was used to unlock it? Right off the bat, it doesn't sound like it was unlocked at all or the SIM cards you've tried would have worked...

Tittch

Dec 23, 2008
Some more detail would be helpful. To whom was it sent for unlocking? What method was used to unlock it? Right off the bat, it doesn't sound like it was unlocked at all or the SIM cards you've tried would have worked...
Hi macgirl

The company was called Turnonyourmobile.co.uk who also repaired the phone as it had a damaged screen, but other than that I have no other information. My friend is going to phone them tomorrow to ascertain whether they did actually unlock the phone, or whether they 'forgot' whilst doing the repair.

Many thanks
Rita

Spikey911

Bronze
Oct 26, 2008
If it were an official unlock, you would not have this problem..

Why not unlock it yourself? Much easier than sending it back to the company...

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
A friend sent his 2G iPhone with 2.2 software off for repair and 'unlock' whilst they were at it, so that I could borrow use it with UK T-Mobile. However iTunes is saying that my card is an unsuitable sim. I've tried it with a 3G sim and a non-3G sim, but it's the same results with both.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks!
Have you Jailbroken it with QuickPwn?
-If you have and the problem still persist you should try going into "tweaks" in Cydia and downloading some of the T-mobile carrier related stuff...but I'm not sure if those tweaks will work with the UK t-mobile:eek:

Picazzo

Zealot
Gold
Jan 21, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
I think they forgot to unlock your iPhone! As the guy's mention here, - try use the QuickPwn. (Read about it and download it here!)