(2G) why would i want 2.0?

simes6600

Dec 15, 2007
U.K.
i have a 1.1.4. unlocked, jailbroken 2G iPhone, working smooth with some great apps, themes installed, installer, cydia etc.

the new mobile me, parental controls, push email etc are all irrelevant in my day to day use. Apart from the Appstore which looks good, what should/should not drive me to update to a jailbroken, unlocked 2.0 firmware at the present time?

michael180

Zealot
Gold
Jun 14, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA
moderntimes.com
If just SummerBoard was available I would make the switch. I don't use Installer to change my themes, I do everything via SSH. I just wonder how long it will be, if ever?

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
^^I imagine it will be rather soon. The Jailbreak took virtually no time at all so I feel as if SummerBoard is just beyond the horizon.

As far as a reason to upgrade, other than the AppStore, there really isn't anything spectacular. I would hold out until some more Apps are available via Cydia.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I've said it before, but I'll say it again: if you're happy with your 1.1.4 jailbreak (like me), STAY PUT until Apple releases an update for 2.0. With all the bug reports, it's bound to happen sooner than later. And since there's little to get from cydia yet, there's not much incentive to jump the gun.

simes6600

Dec 15, 2007
U.K.
I've said it before, but I'll say it again: if you're happy with your 1.1.4 jailbreak (like me), STAY PUT until Apple releases an update for 2.0. With all the bug reports, it's bound to happen sooner than later. And since there's little to get from cydia yet, there's not much incentive to jump the gun.

sounds good to me. think ill stay put with what i know (114). the new winpwn 2.0 hack looks pretty flaky to me, never seen as many peeps reporting errors, bricked phones, bad firmware flashes etc.

good reason to stay put .... for now...!