2GB Data

Dipsxxy

Contributor
Bronze
Aug 1, 2010
Do anyone feel that they are running through their data fast? I just started my data on Friday and this Morning I received a text message that I used 65%. I wasn't even surfing the net like that.....

jags86

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
You probably signed up for 200mb by accident. I find it hard to believe you used over a gig on a weekend unless you were watching netflix.

fearofnormalcy

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 8, 2010
New Port Richey, FL
www.facebook.com
Here's an easy way to check and see if you accidentally signed up for the 200MB plan:

1. Go to Phone-Keypad
2. Type *3282# (That's *DATA#, if you didn't know).
3. Hit Send.
4. Your carrier will then send you a text message saying how much data you have used out of your total plan. I have the old Unlimited plan, so it looks like the pic I've attached.

What kind of plan did you end up with? You can also check Settings-General-Usage, if you say you just started your data plan Friday, and assuming the stats have never been reset on your phone, it should show what you've used so far.

Attachments

Krabby1

Bronze
May 23, 2010
Or you can just download the ATT app where you can keep track of everything on your account, that would be more convenient.

Krabby1

Bronze
May 23, 2010
.....I'm so lost.

I'm assuming he's on Att b/c I don't know any other carrier that offers the 2gb data package.

Krabby1

Bronze
May 23, 2010
Telstra in Australia and O2 in the U.K. are two such examples. A carrier in Japan just implemented similar limits: it's a global thing now...

:(
Thanks for the info, I didn't know that as I never pay attention to carriers outside of the states.

iP5

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2010
Toronto
Here's an easy way to check and see if you accidentally signed up for the 200MB plan:

1. Go to Phone-Keypad
2. Type *3282# (That's *DATA#, if you didn't know).
3. Hit Send.
4. Your carrier will then send you a text message saying how much data you have used out of your total plan. I have the old Unlimited plan, so it looks like the pic I've attached.

What kind of plan did you end up with? You can also check Settings-General-Usage, if you say you just started your data plan Friday, and assuming the stats have never been reset on your phone, it should show what you've used so far.
Doesn't work on Rogers in Canada.

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe

Attachments

Dipsxxy

Contributor
Bronze
Aug 1, 2010
It seems there is a problem with my bill. The person I spoke with from AT&T says what I used is not adding up with what data I have left. So they are working on getting it fixed. There's no way I could of used 90% of my 2gb in 1 day......

Proplayer44

Bronze
Sep 13, 2010
Does not work on Telus in Canada either.

The same issue happened to me when I first bought my iPhone. I had the phone two hours and they billed me $90.00 for data and sent me a txt saying I should call to alter my plan. I am on a 7 gig plan lol. They fixed it in the end.

Mustangman210

Bronze
Jul 15, 2010
You guys sound crazy speaking of yourselfs in a third party sense.but it's all cool crazy people need love too.

MrEous

Silver
Dec 11, 2008
Dallas, TX
I'm so glad I had AT&T unlimited before they decided to cap it at 2GB/mo.

ZAT

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
I'm so glad I had AT&T unlimited before they decided to cap it at 2GB/mo.
Me too. I'm glad I stayed with my unlimited plan just to see how things shook out before " saving" some $$ as the ATT rep suggested. Netflix is a HUGE data black hole for me. The new will wear off eventually but yikes till then.

justinxtreme

Bronze
Sep 22, 2009
I hate the capped data plan :( I've been charged too times for overage (4GB overall) after about two weeks of use hopefully I don't get charged again.

I just want to kill the guy who thought of such an idea. It's retarded