3.0 and NES ROMS

cypher7810

Bronze
Sep 12, 2007
I got the new NES 3 from Cydia that says it works with 3.0 firmware, but all my roms are in the correct spot var/root/media/ROMs/NES and they wont show up in the emulator. IS there something else you have to do with 3.0?

Dwayno

Jul 18, 2009
having same problem, have tried restarting and reinstalling
i need a nes fix
can someone pleassssse help!

iPhoneMonster

Bronze
Jan 18, 2009
NES 3... Is this the one that you have to pay for?

Jun 21, 2009
San Francisco-ish
NES 3... Is this the one that you have to pay for?
yeah, You have to pay for NES 3, I tried the previous version, but it didn't work right.

having same problem, have tried restarting and reinstalling
i need a nes fix
can someone pleassssse help!
I got mine working, did you get nes 3 or do you still have the last version? I found out that all the rom directories that the tutorials say don't work.

they say make the new directory "/private/var/root/Media/ROMs/NES", being under at the root folder, but you need to do "/private/var/mobile/Media/ROMs/NES". If you installed NES 3, the directory is already there, you just need to install the roms.

aho

Bronze
Jul 23, 2009
How do you upload roms to a specific folder?

Jun 21, 2009
San Francisco-ish
How do you upload roms to a specific folder?
you're gonna need something like iPhonebrowser (which I could never get to work) or WinSCP. there's a pretty good how to video on youtube, I just can't remember what it was called.

artap99

Jul 4, 2009
yeah, You have to pay for NES 3, I tried the previous version, but it didn't work right.

I got mine working, did you get nes 3 or do you still have the last version? I found out that all the rom directories that the tutorials say don't work.

they say make the new directory "/private/var/root/Media/ROMs/NES", being under at the root folder, but you need to do "/private/var/mobile/Media/ROMs/NES". If you installed NES 3, the directory is already there, you just need to install the roms.
This is what I was going to say. As for putting things on the phone, you could always SSH into it. There is a tutorial on the Cydia home page. Or, if you would like, there are repositories out there that install ROMs.