3.0 Broke My Phone!

PhoenixLament

Bronze
Apr 26, 2008
Alright, so i just went through to put 3.0 on my iPhone 1g. After it finished updating it came back to the home screen, but displays a picture of a usb connector pointing at iTunes.

Being the logical one I am, i go ahead and decide to reopen iTunes, and see if theres magic. iTunes says it needs iTunes 8.2, which I just installed...so i get the exe again and run through the reinstall, and it says quicktime has a newer version then the installer does, and aborts the whole install....

Basically what I'm trying to say is....HELP?!?

PhoenixLament

Bronze
Apr 26, 2008
Update: I got iTunes and quick time running on my dad's laptop. My new problem is is that it wants me to enter my phone's passcode, but there's no prompt for it. Just a slider, that goes to emergency numbers.

ribibi

Jun 23, 2008
first, move the slider, input your 4-digit-code.
then wait some seconds.
if nothing happens, simply re-connect to itune, then, it will be activated.
i froze to death when that screen appeared, but it just means, that your iPhone is not activated yet. activiation will follow immediately after re-connect (i did 2 updates yesterday and it worked well)

ribibi

PhoenixLament

Bronze
Apr 26, 2008
right but i can't enter the four digit security code, so i can't get it activated.

Dec 17, 2008
PA
Did you turn off the lock code before updating?

PhoenixLament

Bronze
Apr 26, 2008
I wasn't aware you needed to. I didn't remember doing so for 2.0

ribibi

Jun 23, 2008
I wasn't aware you needed to. I didn't remember doing so for 2.0
i did not turn the code off either.
when this alert came, i slided to the emergency telephone.
then, after seeing nothing getting further, i shutted the iPhone down and restarte it.
i was asked for the code and entered it.
but, it still gave me only the emergency phone

then i took it out of the cradle and re-plugged it. it connected to iTunes and seconds later a alert box popped up on the phone saying it was activated - and e.th. was fine.

ribibi

PhoenixLament

Bronze
Apr 26, 2008
i did not turn the code off either.
when this alert came, i slided to the emergency telephone.
then, after seeing nothing getting further, i shutted the iPhone down and restarte it.
i was asked for the code and entered it.
but, it still gave me only the emergency phone

then i took it out of the cradle and re-plugged it. it connected to iTunes and seconds later a alert box popped up on the phone saying it was activated - and e.th. was fine.

ribibi
my iTunes is demanding it.