3.0 jailbreak problem

gus 524

Jul 1, 2009
OK i went on YouTube and found how to jailbreak my ipod touch 1g 3.0. I downloaded the redsn0w0.7.1 and downloaded the ipod firmware 3.0 and saved them on my desktop. When I go to browse in the redsnow for my ipod restore in the desktop it is not there. But when I am not browsing for it, I can see it on my desktop. How do I find it when I browse.

thanks,
gus 524

gus 524

Jul 1, 2009
thanks but i don't have a mac and nobody i know dose either got any other suggestions

C60

Jul 7, 2009
Well I had the hardest time DL the right file for redsnow I guess it was corrupt ..how big is the file ? Is it giving you the error can not locate IPSW file because that was what I was getting once I DL'd the right file it found it. I don't know if you can post the file here I think I got my file from ihackintosh . But I think that might be your problem hope it helps. This would be for windows since I don't have a mac ..yet

gus 524

Jul 1, 2009
is that web site for ipod touch if not what web site is

C60

Jul 7, 2009
Yes it is the guy is helpful..but he isn't in the US he will reply but like I said I have the file here on my PC maybe I cant attach it to you and send it ..I know how frustrating it can be ..i'm kinda new to all this as well if not here is the site http://ihackintosh.blogspot.com/ .. if that doesn't help the file is about 235,576 kb anything less is corrupt hope that helps.

gus 524

Jul 1, 2009
thanks but it only talks about the 2g is that for the 1g to or what

aaronsiphone

Bronze
Dec 28, 2007
I had problems as well, apparently it was because I used Vista, where as I should of used XP