3.0 Killed my phone.

scraggles

Bronze
Jul 17, 2008
Back when I first got my iPhone 3G, it had a few issues with typing, and lagging while typing.

2.0 Fixed that completely for me.

3.0 Brought it back. With a vengeance. I can't do anything on my phone anymore without lag. I hit 'end call' and the phone freezes up for 10-15 seconds before it proceeds.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is a ploy by Apple to get EVERYONE with a 3G or lower to upgrade to 3Gs.

I'm sure I'm not the only one with this issue. Is there a way to fix it? I tried restoring it, but even that doesn't do the trick.

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
Back when I first got my iPhone 3G, it had a few issues with typing, and lagging while typing.

2.0 Fixed that completely for me.

3.0 Brought it back. With a vengeance. I can't do anything on my phone anymore without lag. I hit 'end call' and the phone freezes up for 10-15 seconds before it proceeds.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is a ploy by Apple to get EVERYONE with a 3G or lower to upgrade to 3Gs.

I'm sure I'm not the only one with this issue. Is there a way to fix it? I tried restoring it, but even that doesn't do the trick.
Restore as new, I had some keyboard lag in one of the betas of 3.0, but the official version did just fine, your experience is not normal. If restoring as a new phone doesn't clear it up...make an appointment att he genius bar and have them look at it.

JTucker

Jul 7, 2009
Houston
Try to give a restore to default, hope you will find a solution of it. Otherwise need a software update if it is possible. iPhone got some tiny problems which needed to be fixed as quick as possible.