3.0 Notes Sync - Is It One Way Sync?

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
I can create a note in the Mail app on my MacBook, and it does sync across to my iPhone if I tick that setting in iTunes. But if I create a note in the iPhone notes app, I don't know where (if anywhere) it is meant to sync to.

There's no separate Notes app on the Mac is there?

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Part of Mail. It also grabbed a few of mine from Entourage, which I had previously. It seems 2-way to me.
Where do you view notes then in Mail? This is one of those places where - for me - Apple's design is so elegant or whatever that I haven't got a clue where to find it / what fork to use ...

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
In Mail Accounts, Mailbox Behavior tab, each mailbox can have Notes stored in the Inbox or not. If set Not (unchecked) they are stored in Reminders which appears on the left pane.
Aha! Thank you. And you're right, it is two-way once I know where to look on the Mac ...

stewcp

Bronze
Jul 24, 2007
Bristol, UK
I wonder why the notes aren't 'pushed' onto the phone as part of MobileMe? it seems silly that they are sync'd with my MobileMe account, but the option for them to be 'pushed' onto the iPhone isn't there... or am I missing something?

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
I wish you could two way sync notes with google tasks. I guess that wont be happening any time soon.

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
You use that for notes?
No but I use it for tasks. I basically don't use notes for anything thats important, mostly just somewhere to type but tasks is something I would actually like to sync. Right now I just use safari gmail.com/tasks