3.0 pleasantry

DuBB_B

Bronze
Nov 11, 2008
Washington
I must say, after installing 3.0 onto my phone, even though it isn't jailbroken its kind of nice have a very stable phone that doesn't lag at the touch of every command.
I cant wait for the JB of 3.0 but im enjoying the stability so far.

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
JB'ing im sure will cause a bit of lag... might not be worth it. If only Cycorder was a genuine app!

iPhoneMonster

Bronze
Jan 18, 2009
Can anyone get 3.0GM right now or is it the 17th that we all get 3.0?

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
GM is available now, through a Dev, but a lot of people have installed it on their 3g with no problem even though they are not a Dev / registered tester

Marty Mar

Bronze
Jul 7, 2008
Cortland Ohio
i've been an iPhone user since august 08 and i've never understood the whole "lag" thing people always mention. my phone has never done anything but amaze me with its quickness and stability. even now, a year later, i'll be flipping through home screens and be impressed at smoothness. i think sometimes we all forget what its like to use windows mobile :p

to me 3.0 stability and speed wise is no different (except a VERY noticeable bump in speed in safari). just new functions.

lol, maybe i just got "a good one".

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
Do we have a time-frame that 3.0 will be downloadable? Will it come up at midnight/early morning?...
If memory serves me, the last update came down at around noon/early afternoon EST.

That's perfect for me because I can download it right after I get off of work. I live in Honolulu but I probably work the same hours as some East Coasters. :)

Tonight, I'll try to get up an hour earlier to check if there's a new update if it comes down early Wednesday morning.

Cjvdh

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2009
York, PA
www.twitter.com
If memory serves me, the last update came down at around noon/early afternoon EST.

That's perfect for me because I can download it right after I get off of work. I live in Honolulu but I probably work the same hours as some East Coasters. :)

Tonight, I'll try to get up an hour earlier to check if there's a new update if it comes down early Wednesday morning.
Yes this works out great for me as well im pretty much in the same boat as you brotha. I'm looking forward to that new update though for sure.