3.0 Push Notifications

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
Has anyone here used an app with Push Notifications? I know Apple tested AP News and AIM but what other apps have you seen receive an update with PN? I just updated Tap Tap Revenge 2 and it supports PN and added a setting in the Settings app. Haven't been able to test it yet.

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
Has anyone here used an app with Push Notifications? I know Apple tested AP News and AIM but what other apps have you seen receive an update with PN? I just updated Tap Tap Revenge 2 and it supports PN and added a setting in the Settings app. Haven't been able to test it yet.
I just updated it and I doubt it will work before wednesday when the servers go live for everyone. We still have the AIM test app so it seems to be that you need a special app to get access to the servers.

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
I checked and we were able to get the AIM test app on wednesday last week so it will expire just in time for the servers to go live to the public this wednesday.

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
It looks like Apple has allowed third party apps that support push to go live in the App store. Tap tap revenge was one of the first (and only one that's been supported so far). Engadget was reporting it earlier. Not sure if it's an oversight on Apple's part or if they figure if you have 3.0 now then go for it.