3.0 sync?

mitchellm4

Bronze
Jan 21, 2009
Greensboro, NC
as i sync new music onto my phone, it sticks on the final stage which says "syncing mark's ipod". i left it for a few minutes and after around 6, i just unplugged it. all of the music and apps did not sync onto the phone. this is the first time it has happened and its the first time ive synced since the 3.0 upgrade. has this happened to anyone else?

Thanks,
Mark

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
as i sync new music onto my phone, it sticks on the final stage which says "syncing mark's ipod". i left it for a few minutes and after around 6, i just unplugged it. all of the music and apps did not sync onto the phone. this is the first time it has happened and its the first time ive synced since the 3.0 upgrade. has this happened to anyone else?

Thanks,
Mark
Yep, and I solved it. Stick it out, it will take like 45 minutes but if you let it finish syncing whatever it thinks it's syncing, all your music will be there. It does finish, I promise. Just a stupid bug.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Yep, and I solved it. Stick it out, it will take like 45 minutes but if you let it finish syncing whatever it thinks it's syncing, all your music will be there. It does finish, I promise. Just a stupid bug.
Right. You need to leave the iPhone connected to iTunes until the message pops up indicating that it's now safe to disconnect (or whatever).

idophone

Feb 17, 2010
Yeah,, I'm having this problem, syncing takes forever when I want to sync my photos over to the iPhone.

I've left it for 24 hours without end, and still there is no synchronisation of photos done..

Any ideas? :)

Edit: It can be added that a sync without including photos is smooth and problem free.

Edit 2: Deleting the "iPod photo cache" in the default My pictures location (WXP) solved the problem).