3.0 viewmymessage no longer supported

HFD05

Jul 20, 2007
I hope this is in the right section....

After i upgraded to 3.0 i received a text message from one of my friends saying "whats up with your phone i can't send you picture messages it says that you are not authorized" i told him to send it again and he said it said the same thing happened. I guess viewmymessage doesn't work anymore. I never received a message saying that he sent me something. I know att is not allowing MMS yet, but I am one of the few that used veiwmymessage when i would get to a computer.
Oh well just checking to see if anyone else had this same issue i searched the Forums and did not see a thing. :)

PDACPA

Silver
Jan 16, 2008
Florida
I took a picture and no way to MMS. Where will that function show up?

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I am surprised that Viewmymessage.com is no longer working. As far as when MMS is going to be active, it will be later in the Summer, as it's always been stated.

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
Solution:
When a friend wants to send you a picture, tell him your email address and he can send it to that via mms. Then check your email and bam. Using that method since 2007.

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
I am surprised that Viewmymessage.com is no longer working. As far as when MMS is going to be active, it will be later in the Summer, as it's always been stated.
This might be a good sign, I have heard MMS might be ready at the end of June and if the opt out code is being removed...the viewmymessages links will stop working....right?

mitchellm4

Bronze
Jan 21, 2009
Greensboro, NC
i was at the att store today and asked. they said that they werent expecting full MMS support until either the middle or end of the summer.

HFD05

Jul 20, 2007
i have been using the 2007 method of email:laugh2: (i was wondering how long it would take for someone to suggest that:laugh2:), some of my friends are just not that bright when it comes to mms. I give them my email and they're like "huh email." but I digest i mean digress.....I was just stating something i found with the new software.

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
Wow, it was already a PR nightmare for AT&T when they announced they would procrastinate enabling MMS until the end of the summer, but now they disable viewmymessage, essentially totally disabling any possible MMS on the iPhone for the whole summer? Wow.

macc55

Bronze
Jun 17, 2008
no offense but view my messege sucks. I've used it like twice in the past year. Does anyone else think it's a pain? In my opinion they took out my viewmymessege on the iPhone software to get it ready for mms. Summer isn't that long anyway, we should be receiving it by next month....maybe earlier

We Beat U

Bronze
Mar 1, 2008
This does suck. I don't go around giving out my email address to everyone who gets my phone #. VMM didn't work ALL the time, but at least it worked most of the time and was an alternative

macc55

Bronze
Jun 17, 2008
thats why you make a fake junk email you couldn't give two craps about. Try it

Mar 2, 2009
California
thats why you make a fake junk email you couldn't give two craps about. Try it
I agree, I have plenty.

As far as MMS, even having been on 3.0 yesterday, I still received two texts that someone sent me an MMS message and to check it at VMM.com

The site still works although IDK if logins still do. I'd check but I no longer have the messages from yesterday.

merlconn13

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
it still works i just made someone send me a pic this morning. if you use the get mms app on the phone it makes looking at pics a snap. im using a 3.0 V1 phone tho if that matters

fsas06

Silver
Oct 15, 2007
Las Vegas
view my message still works for me, iv had 3.0 since the betas, and i have got'n a few pics sent to me.

Kuntry

Bronze
Mar 26, 2009
Las Vegas
call me crazy but i have this strange feeling that ATT will be ready on Friday for MMS...They just aren't telling anyone yet either a)they want to say "See we can do it" or b)they want to be sure they can handle it before they release anything. Look for MMS tomorrow. They might just pull it off. The only reason I can see them having to remove the opt-out codes manually is the fact that they don't want to accidentally enable MMS for the first gen iPhones. It seems that it would be pretty easy to write a program to remove the codes otherwise.

Mar 2, 2009
California
Yeah, well they better have MMS ready tomorrow. There's no reason it should take that long to get ready. It will really suck for all the people who actually sign up for new service expecting MMS, only to be told it won't be available until late summer. I can only imagine their reaction.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I can't wait until the day that horrible domain dies for real.