3.1 beta

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
Just got an email from Apple that 3.1 beta is posted on the developers site. I'm in the movie Theater right now, but I'll be looking at it later. Looks like 3.1 official is just around the corner.

Added in 3.1 (I am reading these via twitter, haven't loaded it myself)
*Non-destructive video editing (trimming a video now allows you to "Save as Copy"
*Voice Control over bluetooth
*iPhone vibrates when moving icons
*Updated AT&T carrier settings to 4.2
*updated modem firmware 5.08.01

*Improvements to OpenGL and Quartz
*API's allow third party apps to access videos and edit them

Ultrasn0w users are advised to stay away from this update or you will lose your unlock.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
Just got an email from Apple that 3.1 beta is posted on the developers site. I'm in the movie Theater right now, but I'll be looking at it later. Looks like 3.1 official is just around the corner.
Saw it posted on Twitter a few minutes ago. Hope the final is real soon.

fsas06

Silver
Oct 15, 2007
Las Vegas
on modmyi.com they said its just some bug fixes...so i don't think it will be anything big. but i dono how we could have bugs in 3.0 when it just came out like last week lol

guest03

Bronze
Mar 30, 2009
on modmyi.com they said its just some bug fixes...so i don't think it will be anything big. but i dono how we could have bugs in 3.0 when it just came out like last week lol
i know one big one was that the battery life on the 3.0 is highly affected. and the icons for the apps are not correct a lot of the time.. hopefully they fix these..

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
I'm game for battery updates- well at least the power management side of things, 3.1 will hopefully solve my issues.

Thanks for letting the rest of us know shutter.

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
3.1 bug fix includes fixing that pesky jailbreaking / unlocking bug :)

I'm sure at this early in the game there is little to see in the beta's. Most of the things they push in the early beta's is the new API's in the SDK. Then towards the end we see more features. I'm pretty happy with 3.0 right now so I think I'll pass on 3.1 until I see so more about it and how buggy is may or may not be.

TAEWING59

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
MMS option for me is a go. not hacks or anything. problem is AT&T still doesn't support it :(

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
I can confirm that in 3.1 the carrier file is updated to 4.2 up from 4.0 and the mms options are back! Although it doesn't function since we need AT&T support at least it shows we might see it soon!

Kuntry

Bronze
Mar 26, 2009
Las Vegas
Anyone wanna set me up with a dev slot on their account ;) My old 3G is listed on an account but I have since sold that phone. Send me PM if you want to "Hook a brother up":)

EDIT: Here's a question. I contacted the person who listed my 3G on his Dev account to ask if he could REMOVE my 3G UDID and add my 3GS UDID in its place and he says its not possible and wants another $10 to add my 3GS in a new slot. Is this true that you cannot remove a device from a developer account and it will free up a slot?

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
Anyone wanna set me up with a dev slot on their account ;) My old 3G is listed on an account but I have since sold that phone. Send me PM if you want to "Hook a brother up":)

EDIT: Here's a question. I contacted the person who listed my 3G on his Dev account to ask if he could REMOVE my 3G UDID and add my 3GS UDID in its place and he says its not possible and wants another $10 to add my 3GS in a new slot. Is this true that you cannot remove a device from a developer account and it will free up a slot?
No, he cannot remove yur device and replace it. He has 100 slots. If he deletes one...it isn't replaced with an empty slot. What he can do is edit your original slot to change the UDID for your new device. I did that for someone when they replaced their 3G during the beta phase.

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
No, he cannot remove yur device and replace it. He has 100 slots. If he deletes one...it isn't replaced with an empty slot. What he can do is edit your original slot to change the UDID for your new device. I did that for someone when they replaced their 3G during the beta phase.
Oops I removed my 3G not realizing it would make me lose a slot. Oh well I won't miss it.

Kuntry

Bronze
Mar 26, 2009
Las Vegas
Thank you for the response. Apparently this guy wants to make another $10 off me and I refuse to do that. Oh well. I guess I'll wait till the final.

eureka

Bronze
Jun 19, 2007
has anyone updated to the beta thus far?
feedback would be great
how is the speed of the new build? and how about battery life with push enabled?

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
wait so do we update if were just testers? can i wait for the normal 3.1 and install that?
If you are using the SAME device (same UDID) as when you were on 3.0 beta then yes you can update, but if you got a different phone then it has a different UDID meaning, as shutter said, your dev will need to modify your slot with your new UDID.

Kuntry

Bronze
Mar 26, 2009
Las Vegas
If you are using the SAME device (same UDID) as when you were on 3.0 beta then yes you can update, but if you got a different phone then it has a different UDID meaning, as shutter said, your dev will need to modify your slot with your new UDID.
....if your dev isn't a dou***bag. ;)

EDIT: According to my dev, iphun and shutter are mistaken (i believe you guys, not him) He insists that you cannot edit a slot...only add a new one.

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
has anyone updated to the beta thus far?
feedback would be great
how is the speed of the new build? and how about battery life with push enabled?
I am updated and I don't notice any speed difference at all, if anything it is slightly faster. It literally just came out not long ago, so once I am fully charged I will see how my life lasts on 3.1. I have push enabled so I will be able to tell you how it lasts with it.