3.1 expire

2white2fight

Bronze
Mar 31, 2009
925 the bay
so im going on vaction and im gone sat-sunday so i wonder if my beta is gunna expire on me?, and i wont have a comp on my trip.

Kuntry

Bronze
Mar 26, 2009
Las Vegas
so im going on vaction and im gone sat-sunday so i wonder if my beta is gunna expire on me?, and i wont have a comp on my trip.
I doubt it. In the 3.0 betas, I think it was at least a 3 week period before the betas expired and they typically released new betas every 2 weeks (until before and b5). You should be fine. I anticipate Beta2 for 3.1 being released on Tuesday, July 14th.

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
You really think there will be a beta 2 for 3.1? I think they may just release it. Then there will be quicker minor updates i.e 3.1.1 etc

Kuntry

Bronze
Mar 26, 2009
Las Vegas
You really think there will be a beta 2 for 3.1? I think they may just release it. Then there will be quicker minor updates i.e 3.1.1 etc
I guess not huh? I was just going on speculation with the 3.0 betas. I think it is very possible to go straight from this first beta to final release. I also think it may be possible to go with a beta 2 and then final release. I read somewhere that Apple has plans to release an update at the end of July. If that is the case, there is a possibilty of a beta 2 since its only July 10th. I guess only time will tell.

ct2k7

Bronze
Jul 7, 2009
Apple do usually have a 2 week beta cycle, so I am going to make a hazardous guess that it will expire during your holiday, but, you'll still be able to use it. How long are you away for?

iphun

Zealot
Gold
Mar 16, 2009
PA
I guess not huh? I was just going on speculation with the 3.0 betas. I think it is very possible to go straight from this first beta to final release. I also think it may be possible to go with a beta 2 and then final release. I read somewhere that Apple has plans to release an update at the end of July. If that is the case, there is a possibilty of a beta 2 since its only July 10th. I guess only time will tell.
I think there will be another beta and I doubt it will exceed 3. No 2.X betas had more than 3 beta releases and this release has it's bugs, but it's nothing compared to the 3.0 bugs which was going from 2.2.1 and was a major update adding many new features. Even the 3.0 bugs weren't that bad, so it seems they are getting much better with releases. I think at this point even when they are ready to release the final version it will all depend on AT&T and where they are with mms. Apple probably won't wait for them and if they take too long 3.1 will be released with the options so people just keep calling AT&T asking why it doesn't work.