3.1 Question

Sep 17, 2009
Hey. I'm just wondering if anybody has any guess or idea on when the dev team will be able to unlock the new 3.1 firmware?

Maybe a week, two weeks, a month, 4 months?

Just wondering if I should hold on to my iPhone until it comes out since it's in such good condition?

But if there's a chance that it will be another month or so before it will be unlocked, I don't wanna keep it.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
dev-team.org

search

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
Hey. I'm just wondering if anybody has any guess or idea on when the dev team will be able to unlock the new 3.1 firmware?

Maybe a week, two weeks, a month, 4 months?

Just wondering if I should hold on to my iPhone until it comes out since it's in such good condition?

But if there's a chance that it will be another month or so before it will be unlocked, I don't wanna keep it.
Do you mean jailbreak? The 3.1 jailbreak for the 3G and original iPhone have already been released. Rumor has it the 3.1 3GS jailbreak will come soon, maybe in the next few days.

That said, if you do mean unlock...there is the likelihood it will not be unlocked ever, which is why they stress not to update the software, until the tools are available to preserve the 3.0 unlock.

Sep 17, 2009
Are you serious? I'll never be able to unlock it?