3 months and still no hacked A2DP?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
I just don't understand. It's been what? 4 months? July August September October. Ok. 3 months... TONS of modifications have been implemented. The grandaddy of all mods (unlocking) happened a while back. But the ONE thing that everyone was saying from day one should be relatively easy for the hackers to add (A2DP), has not been added. Shoot! They even got GPS to (sort of) freaking work! And the iPhone doesn't even have the hardware for GPS! Well it has the hardware for A2DP, now why can't they add it?

Please Dev Team... give us A2DP! Anyone hear about any attempts by the hackers to give us this or any other Bluetooth feature?

Think I'll send them a friendly email.

And I do have the iCombi adapter. Sure, it gets the job done, if you don't mind having a huge dongle sticking out of your iPhone to break off and you don't feel like charging your iPhone at the time or do anything else that requires you to plug in your iPhone. I want native A2DP on my iPhone dam-bit.

dolo

Jun 29, 2007
NYC
I just don't understand. It's been what? 4 months? July August September October. Ok. 3 months... TONS of modifications have been implemented. The grandaddy of all mods (unlocking) happened a while back. But the ONE thing that everyone was saying from day one should be relatively easy for the hackers to add (A2DP), has not been added. Shoot! They even got GPS to (sort of) freaking work! And the iPhone doesn't even have the hardware for GPS! Well it has the hardware for A2DP, now why can't they add it?

Please Dev Team... give us A2DP! Anyone hear about any attempts by the hackers to give us this or any other Bluetooth feature?

Think I'll send them a friendly email.

And I do have the iCombi adapter. Sure, it gets the job done, if you don't mind having a huge dongle sticking out of your iPhone to break off and you don't feel like charging your iPhone at the time or do anything else that requires you to plug in your iPhone. I want native A2DP on my iPhone dam-bit.
I'd be more then happy to start a "chip-in fund" with the community as payment to anyone who's can get a2dp setup on the iPhone.

Anyone else interested?

Regards,
dolo

SmartAlx

Zealot
Gold
Jun 7, 2007
That would be a great idea. Though there is less incentive for people to contribute like there was for unlocking. People had real financial reasons to unlock the iPhones. A2DP is mostly a feature, although if they can give us A2DP, the may be able to give us many of the other bluetooth profiles as well, like file transfer. Or maybe allow us to use a bluetooth keyboard with the iPhone. Wouldn't that be great?

dolo

Jun 29, 2007
NYC
That would be a great idea. Though there is less incentive for people to contribute like there was for unlocking. People had real financial reasons to unlock the iPhones. A2DP is mostly a feature, although if they can give us A2DP, the may be able to give us many of the other bluetooth profiles as well, like file transfer. Or maybe allow us to use a bluetooth keyboard with the iPhone. Wouldn't that be great?
Imagine syncing to your mac/pc without a cord...