3 Problems ruining my iPhone experience!

HapSon

Mar 6, 2009
Surrey, U.K
Hi all, i recently got an iPhone for the 1st time, did a jailbreak, installed cydia/winterboard.
Got a some questions/issues i need help with please.

1) I installed cydia but not installer...any work around to have installer as well or do i have to re-jailbreak?

2) Tho i have passcode lock set to on and sms preview off, i still get a preview of the message.
Anyone know why and a solution to it?

3) My springboard always crashes and iPhone goes to safe mode when i try to delete some bookmarked icons. See attachment image below.

Any help would be appreciated
Thanks in Advance.

Attachments

andyveale

Bronze
Jan 13, 2009
Do you have another SMS client installed? Such as biteSMS or anything similar? Something you've downloaded is unstable.

HapSon

Mar 6, 2009
Surrey, U.K
Do you have another SMS client installed? Such as biteSMS or anything similar? Something you've downloaded is unstable.
Thanks for your reply.
I haven't downloaded any sms apps, only mms photo messaging to try it out, but i deleted it after a while.

Tho at one point i decided to try 'categories' and it had a warning that it could be potentially dangerous, i deleted that as well. Currently i have'nt got any other sms/mms apps.

andyveale

Bronze
Jan 13, 2009
How'd you turn off the SMS preview? I've looked through the 'settings' app and can't find anything (if you're using a downloaded app to do it, that could be the culprit).

HapSon

Mar 6, 2009
Surrey, U.K
How'd you turn off the SMS preview? I've looked through the 'settings' app and can't find anything (if you're using a downloaded app to do it, that could be the culprit).
You turn it of by going to Settings > General > Passcode Lock > Show SMS Preview(and set it to OFF.)

andyveale

Bronze
Jan 13, 2009
You turn it of by going to Settings > General > Passcode Lock > Show SMS Preview(and set it to OFF.)
Ahh. Gotcha. Well am I safe to assume that you've restarted your phone since then?

HapSon

Mar 6, 2009
Surrey, U.K
Ahh. Gotcha. Well am I safe to assume that you've restarted your phone since then?
Plenty of times, complete reboot, still the problem persists!
Am just trying to hang on for a while to and see if i can get answers if not i'll just have to re-jailbreak.

andyveale

Bronze
Jan 13, 2009
If it's not too much of a hassle, can you provide a list with everything you've downloaded from Cydia? If we can't find a solution, I'd recommend syncing your iPhone with iTunes now (so everything gets backed up) and do a full restore.

HapSon

Mar 6, 2009
Surrey, U.K
If it's not too much of a hassle, can you provide a list with everything you've downloaded from Cydia? If we can't find a solution, I'd recommend syncing your iPhone with iTunes now (so everything gets backed up) and do a full restore.
Already syncd, backed up on iTunes,, even had an app from cydia call 'AptBackup' which doesn't back up the apps or apps settings but make a name list of all the apps i downloaded, which can be fully restored, so am covered in that area.. only wished someone knows what the problem is, save me the hassle of going through all that process again.

I'll give it a few hours and see if i'll get a solution.

andyveale

Bronze
Jan 13, 2009
Can you list everything you have downloaded?

Bilal

Bronze
Sep 25, 2007
Already syncd, backed up on iTunes,, even had an app from cydia call 'AptBackup' which doesn't back up the apps or apps settings but make a name list of all the apps i downloaded, which can be fully restored, so am covered in that area.. only wished someone knows what the problem is, save me the hassle of going through all that process again.

I'll give it a few hours and see if i'll get a solution.
Dude he meant for you to list all the apps here

HapSon

Mar 6, 2009
Surrey, U.K
These are the apps i had there before.
Midomi
cycorder
shazam
ifooty
icarpark
iRemote
facebook
Groups
xGPS
xGPSUtilities
myspace
aptbackup
last.fm
lockbox
sweetTooth
mixtube
Quickgold
Five icon Dock

I did have another app that displays icons of messages, missed calls etc on the locked screen and on the status bar, but i cant remember the name for it.

Apps that i had deleted and no longer sync to the iPhone
Banner, fast lane street racing lite, google earth, ipint, light saber unleashed, MMS photo messaging, photo frame, piano work, typing genius(emoji), visucontacts.

I restored the phone, turned off SMS previewing, but it still shows a preview, however the problem with the springboard crashing when i try to delete bookmarked icons from the homescreen has stopped.