3 UK "The One plan" contract, is it any good

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

hmfc-1874

Contributor
Silver
Sep 10, 2011
I am looking at contracts at the moment ( I plan to change from pay as you go) when the new iPhone comes out.
And I am hoping the one plan from 3 will be doable.
But I also want to know is it as good as it sounds ?

For £36 Per month
The One Plan comes with:
All-you-can-eat data
2000 any network minutes
5000 Three-to-Three minutes
5000 texts
Tethering included
New phone 18-24 months

The original all-you-can-eat data plan, for people who want to do even more with the internet on their smartphone. From all-the data you’ll ever need to loads of minutes and texts, we’ve squeezed in more than enough of everything so you can enjoy all the great things your mobile can do. Plus it’s our only plan that gives you built-in tethering.

Also is it really unlimited Internet, so when I'm tethering I could watch football online ect.

How is signal as well (both 3G and overall signal)

Cheers

ammoh

Jun 2, 2012
The 3 network in the UK varies, depending on who you ask. In my experience, the 3 network is terrible. The customer service is rubbish and will continue to harass you when you cancel or finish your contract. Everyone agrees, even 3 network themselves (the store staff even admitted this to me) that the network is cheap but will not offer you good signal. In my area, when I called my mates, they complained that they can't hear me clearly and sometime they hear a faint buzzing sound when I speak. You will get, at most times, cut off mid call.
If you unlock the iPhone by jailbreaking or other means, i.e taking it a mobile shop or unlocking by a code and use another network sim card, 3 will find out and will block the phone. It happened to me. If you unlock the phone through 3, you will have to pay between £15 - £20. Some people report that they got it free but I didn't. First they told me £35 and I told them no thanks. I phoned again and was told £20.
The all you can eat data plan, according to 3, means that. You can use as much data you like without have to worry about going over the data limit. To me, this sounds too good to be true because all networks have some kind of limits. So what they are saying is that you can have your phone linked up to the net all day, stream movies, watch sports, download games/videos,/songs etc, 24/7? I highly doubt it. After various searches, they get away by this by throttling your speeds at peak times.
My advice, look around, ask neighbours and friends in your area on what network they get good reception and clarity of calls. Then find offers over the net for that network. The beauty of buying over the phone or on line is that you have 14 days to cancel a contract due to the distance selling laws. So you can experiment with the network and decide before 14 days if the network meets your requirements. Hope this helps.

hmfc-1874

Contributor
Silver
Sep 10, 2011
The 3 network in the UK varies, depending on who you ask. In my experience, the 3 network is terrible. The customer service is rubbish and will continue to harass you when you cancel or finish your contract. Everyone agrees, even 3 network themselves (the store staff even admitted this to me) that the network is cheap but will not offer you good signal. In my area, when I called my mates, they complained that they can't hear me clearly and sometime they hear a faint buzzing sound when I speak. You will get, at most times, cut off mid call.
If you unlock the iPhone by jailbreaking or other means, i.e taking it a mobile shop or unlocking by a code and use another network sim card, 3 will find out and will block the phone. It happened to me. If you unlock the phone through 3, you will have to pay between £15 - £20. Some people report that they got it free but I didn't. First they told me £35 and I told them no thanks. I phoned again and was told £20.
The all you can eat data plan, according to 3, means that. You can use as much data you like without have to worry about going over the data limit. To me, this sounds too good to be true because all networks have some kind of limits. So what they are saying is that you can have your phone linked up to the net all day, stream movies, watch sports, download games/videos,/songs etc, 24/7? I highly doubt it. After various searches, they get away by this by throttling your speeds at peak times.
My advice, look around, ask neighbours and friends in your area on what network they get good reception and clarity of calls. Then find offers over the net for that network. The beauty of buying over the phone or on line is that you have 14 days to cancel a contract due to the distance selling laws. So you can experiment with the network and decide before 14 days if the network meets your requirements. Hope this helps.
Thanks very much, this is a big help, al find out how 3 is in the local area.

I like yourself, don't understand how they can do unlimited Internet (the throttling makes sense) still a lot for a network to ask.
fingers crossed its good.