3 Weeks old 3G?

HUNTER1

Bronze
May 28, 2009
I will be calling the store where I bought mine and I think I have a month to decide which I may be able to exchange it or something. Correct me If I'm wrong. Anyway, If I can get the exchange, will I lose all my data from the 3g or should I just sync it over with iTunes? thanks

trnsilver

Zealot
Gold
Feb 2, 2008
Florida
You will be able to re-sync over iTunes as long as you've done a back-up. Make sure you have your contacts (most important) calendars and everything else sync to your computer.

I could be wrong, but I doubt they will let people return iPhones in that scenario...your best bet may be to try to get $100 back because the price dropped to $99 starting yesterday...

Mar 24, 2009
Atlanta, GA
You will be able to re-sync over iTunes as long as you've done a back-up. Make sure you have your contacts (most important) calendars and everything else sync to your computer.

I could be wrong, but I doubt they will let people return iPhones in that scenario...your best bet may be to try to get $100 back because the price dropped to $99 starting yesterday...
I thought the deal was you have 30 days to decide, and if you don't like it, you could bring it back and get something else you liked...

In such a scenario, I'd take it back to the store I bought it, and just roll on over to another one, as a new customer all over again...

because you are essentially a "new customer"... once you take it back, the contract is dissolved, because you no longer have a phone with AT&T thus no longer needing service...

worst they can tell you is "no".. in which case, you come back 2 days later, as a "new customer" again...

HUNTER1

Bronze
May 28, 2009
Honestly, I don't even know how to do a back up and my driver is inactive. I only have contacts which I have a list and just store apps. I'll be giving them a call once they open. I'm happy with this one anyway. Although that kind of sucks.

jaydoc1

Contributor
Silver
Sep 23, 2007
You have a 30 day "buyers remorse" time period to return a newly purchased mobile phone. Sync it and take it back.

HUNTER1

Bronze
May 28, 2009
Sounds good, thanks

Mar 24, 2009
Atlanta, GA
Honestly, I don't even know how to do a back up and my driver is inactive. I only have contacts which I have a list and just store apps. I'll be giving them a call once they open. I'm happy with this one anyway. Although that kind of sucks.
I don't know how much you paid for it, but if it's the $199 8G, then even if I kept it, I'd want $100 of my money back, especially since you're selling them for only $99 less than 30 days after my purchase...

since there were some changes in the newer model, i'd reserve the right to want to switch to that newer model, especially if the NEW model costs me the same as the model I paid for just 3 weeks prior...

the deal can be done... it's all in your wording and knowing WHO to speak with, inside the store...

in a situation like this, I ALWAYS want a manager... not some 18 yr old kid out of school for the summer, who may not know all of the correct answers to any questions you may have, and can't override much of anything without needing to call someone else to the register...

me, I want to talk to the person he's going to call... from jump... middle men waste valuable explanation and problem solving time..

spud

Bronze
Nov 5, 2007
Its 30 days for all phones but the iPhone. You get 14 days to return your iPhone.

Quake97

Silver
Jul 10, 2007
Philly Burbs
I thought the deal was you have 30 days to decide, and if you don't like it, you could bring it back and get something else you liked...

In such a scenario, I'd take it back to the store I bought it, and just roll on over to another one, as a new customer all over again...

because you are essentially a "new customer"... once you take it back, the contract is dissolved, because you no longer have a phone with AT&T thus no longer needing service...

worst they can tell you is "no".. in which case, you come back 2 days later, as a "new customer" again...
You're not really a new customer. You're allowed one swap to another phone within the 30 day period. You're just changing phones, not canceling the contract and starting over again.

Joe

Mar 24, 2009
Atlanta, GA
Well in that case, tell em you want NOTHING, return the phone, and have the contract cancelled, then come back the next day.. *shrug*

Or, go to a different store...

there is no retention period in terms of them holding you out from reapplying, so you just have to learn to play their game... and win

redneck47441

Bronze
Jun 3, 2009
I bought mine on the june 1st I wander if this will work for me?

redneck47441

Bronze
Jun 3, 2009
If so how would I be able to make sure i could get the new phone on its release date and not have to wait a month because they cant keep them in stock?

Mar 24, 2009
Atlanta, GA
No guarantee on that...

I don't reckon we'll see the lines and pandemonium we saw for the V1, and/or the 3G release...

HUNTER1

Bronze
May 28, 2009
I was at the store this morning and had no clue how to do a swap. I called corporate and told me just come in when they get them on 6-19 and do a swap. I'm still under a month even then. I just need to pay restocking fee.

Bryman

Bronze
May 30, 2009
colorado
ive had mine for 2 weeks.wonder if i go in and tell them im gonna give em back or ask for some money off? lol

HUNTER1

Bronze
May 28, 2009
I'll opt for the new one. Honestly, I'm happy with this one, just want a new toy.

Bryman

Bronze
May 30, 2009
colorado
i wonder how cool next years will be lol i may just go in and see if since im under 4 weeks of purchase if they will swap me for a 16gb iPhone, and they are asses ill give it to them and get my money back and go to the next att store lol

bmtespar

Oct 3, 2007
Atlanta
I went through something similar a few months ago. I had a v1 and decided to upgrade to the 16 gb 3g. I got the phone for the reduced rate by extending my contract. 3 days later Best Buy had a sale for reward zone customers where you would get $50 off. I thought this would be easy to put $50 back in my pocket. Boy was I wrong. Apple could not refund the difference so I had to return the phone for a full refund. They said I should be able to go down to Best Buy and purchase the discounted phone. Wrong! When I got to best buy, they said I was not eligible for upgrade cause it still showed my old phone. To make a long story short, it took me a full week for my elligibilty to be reset by AT&T. They did what they could to make up for it but it was awful. What I am trying to get across is just make sure they can do what they say they can. I spoke to At&t and Apple before I ever made the return.