30 Day Return Policy

Discussion in 'iPad 3' started by coop1701, Oct 29, 2012.

1. coop1701

coop1701 Zealot
    Silver

Last Thursday night, I was at a Silent Auction Benefit and bid on a iPad 3. Not sure why I did it, I new the iPad 4 and Mini were just hours away. The funny thing is, I won it.

My question is this, since it's brand new and with in the 30 days window. Should I turn it in to get a iPad 4 or just stick with the 3. I won't lose any sleep either way. But I know it was purchased inside the window by the people running the auction.

2. billnye97

billnye97 Contributor
    Silver

If you're able to why not get the iPad 4? Do you get a receipt with the auction? That's the only thing I can think of if there is a problem it will be that you weren't the purchaser.

3. coop1701

coop1701 Zealot
    Silver

That's what I'm thinking billnye97 ..., I guess it would just depend on what kind of mood they were in at the store...

4. josh.ua

josh.ua Member
    Bronze

To return an iPad you need to have a receipt (unless you want to argue with the manager for over an hour, which is still not a guarantee). Since you can buy an iPad at multiple places these days, they will not accept returns of serialized products unless they can find proof that it was purchased at an Apple store. Even if you know it was, you need to show them the receipt or have them look it up based on a credit card number/email address.

5. coop1701

coop1701 Zealot
    Silver

Since I bought it at a auction. I wonder if the organization I got from has the receipt?

6. Booyow1204

Booyow1204 Contributor
    Silver

You could also sell it, since its brand new you could ask for a little bit more. You could put the money towards the latest one. If your other option doesn't work.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. coop1701

coop1701 Zealot
    Silver

Very true Booyow1204

Been thinking the same thing.

8. raqball

raqball Evangelist
    Gold

Ya I highly doubt Apple will do anything with it.. Usually when you buy from an Apple store they get basic info and can track sales even without a receipt.. That's the case at my local Apple store at least...

Selling it on eBay or Craigslist and buying what you want with that cash is probably the best and only option..