30 pin connector to AV feed

Discussion in 'iPhone Cases and Accessories' started by beastiehart, Oct 16, 2011.

1. beastiehart

beastiehart New Member

Looking for some advice on adapters or other brands of the 30 pin to AV cable. My car has the AUX in as AV connectors (no headphone style input) I have the Apple brand cable however nearly every case we own the opening is too small for the 30 pin connector to fit through so we have to remove the cases when we want to connect the audio. This has done damage to some cases and I am looking for a way to connect without having to always remove the case.

Is anyone aware of a brand that has a smaller body at the 30 pin connection side? Or maybe an adaptor piece? Yes I know we can buy new cases and all that, but we like our cases and I have found it to be hard to actually find one with a large enough opening. Also I am aware they make a headphone jack output to an AV input cable (I have that too) but the sound quality is untouchable with the 30pin to AV cable!

2. MuddyPaws

MuddyPaws Zealot

You have to remove the case to charge with the stock cord? I have never had to take my Otterbox off to charge it or connect my AV cable.

If you really like whatever case you have, I would dremmel it out so the connector fit. But the AV cable I got at walmart has fit all my otter boxes. The connector is the same size as the stock Apple one.

3. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

4. beastiehart

beastiehart New Member

@muddypaws...yes it's the Apple brand AV connection cables and it's always been too small for almost all of my cases :(

@roofmonkey...that actually looks like it would work! Thanks for the tip!

5. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Hopefully that will do the trick for you! Always glad to help out when I can :) Let us know if you get it or whichever result works out for ya.