32GB iPhone coming next week?

Marcos

Bronze
Dec 19, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Thanks for the link...I wonder how much that one would cost? Can you imagine 32GB? Apple would have to allow for more than 9 pages of apps for sure!
No problem, I kick my self now because they might drop the 16gb to the price of an 8gb :(

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
I've been waiting for a 32 GB version since I got my v1. I'm definitely going to be unloading my 16 GB on eBay or Craigslist once 32 GB is announced. I'm a bit skeptical as to a release next week but I'm sure it's just beyond the horizon.

Marcos

Bronze
Dec 19, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
i have no use for 32GB I barely have 5GB of music 8GB is plenty for my music and podcasts

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
I've been waiting for a 32 GB version since I got my v1. I'm definitely going to be unloading my 16 GB on eBay or Craigslist once 32 GB is announced. I'm a bit skeptical as to a release next week but I'm sure it's just beyond the horizon.
don't you have to be eligible for an upgrade, though?

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
don't you have to be eligible for an upgrade, though?
I think I'm going to have to buy it at the unsubsidized price which is a bit unfortunate. I'm looking at prices on eBay but they are for "unlocked" 3G iPhones. Have I missed an unlock for the 2.1 3G?

Jun 16, 2008
Tinley Park, IL
its funny, I want the 32GB, but when I look at my 16GB, I have all my music on the phone and still 8GB to spare.... I guess its just wanting the biggest and the best....

Voltaic Shock

Bronze
Aug 15, 2008
Leesburg, VA
its funny, I want the 32GB, but when I look at my 16GB, I have all my music on the phone and still 8GB to spare.... I guess its just wanting the biggest and the best....
That's exactly how I am thinking.

I could have probably gotten away with the 8GB model - :p

Why can't Apple just release all of them at the same time? They seem to alienate people by doing this. They know people will want the 32GB but they also know people won't wait that want an iPhone.

Jun 16, 2008
Tinley Park, IL
That's exactly how I am thinking.

I could have probably gotten away with the 8GB model - :p

Why can't Apple just release all of them at the same time? They seem to alienate people by doing this. They know people will want the 32GB but they also know people won't wait that want an iPhone.
for people like you and me, we buy the biggest capacity phone when the "new phone" comes out, the whole time knowing that they will follow suit and release bigger GB phone. But there will still be people also like us who are willing to drop the $$$ to get it. So either way, Apple gets more money, from those who waited and those who will wheel and deal with someone to buy their current phone so that they can get the bigger one.

I agree with you, it sux all kinds of ass and even pisses me off to an extent, BUT, I'm not going to be boycotting Apple or anything like that and will get the next gen of iPhone when it comes out.... Though I think I'll wait this time for the "late" arrival of the next gen.

lowram00

Bronze
Feb 11, 2008
memphis TN
man i hope that tru because i dopped my 16gb 3g and cracked it and then sold it on ebay and i want a 32gb from the first and when i had both my 16gb by the time i sold them they had like 3gb left so come on 32gb come to daddy i just worndering what color they may use on it we got black and white what next

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
Sometimes when you get the bigger capacity, you find ways to fill up the rest of the size. When I first tried on the 8gb iPod touch (back when they only had 8 and 16), I found myself using it so much more than I thought, and I got the 16gb when they didn't have an 8gb to replace a dud with. Still filled that one up too. I would wager a guess that when they come out with the 64gb iPod touch, I could STILL find a way to fill it up, even though that's starting to get into the range of being most of my tablet's available hard drive space and I don't have nearly that much media right now. Now, the 160 gig Classic, I am not so sure I could fill that up, because it's actually a less capable device, and I might not use it so much... but if there were ever a hard drive iPod touch released that contained massive capacity, I'd definitely fill it up. They might need to give me the ability to add more home screen pages, though.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
i hope they give up on HDs in ipods soon. It's gotten to the point where SS storage in Touches have surpassed the original iPod. And after all, how many people actually use 160GB of storage?

i robot

Silver
Jan 29, 2008
i hope they give up on HDs in ipods soon. It's gotten to the point where SS storage in Touches have surpassed the original iPod. And after all, how many people actually use 160GB of storage?
true but many people like to store video one the iPods also. I know I'm going on a trip with the family shortly and I have loaded my old classic with videos for the kids. I had to take my music off due to lack of capcity. Solid state is the way forward but it will take a year or so yet to reach capacity/price.

Maaz

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
LA California
well i just bought an iPhone 3g 16Gb, will i be able to exchange it for 32GB?