32GB iPhone coming next week?

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
Damn, 32 GB. Well, it's going to be like the new 32 GB iPod touch (2nd gen.) not going to be hard anyway.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I couldn't care less about 32G of memory. My 16G 3G is only half-filled right now and I can always swap stuff out with iTunes if I really needed to. I have no desire to cram every bit of audio and video I own onto a cell phone at the same time. :)

Mike12000

Bronze
Oct 22, 2007
Southern Illinois
I've got an 8 GB right now and I could easily put more than 8GB of my stuff on it. I'll probably get a 32GB someday, maybe towards the end of 2009 when my contract is expired and 3G comes to my area...

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
while my 8GB v1 is enough storage for everyday use, i would love a 32GB on which to store more videos for traveling.

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
I don't ever really have a "craving" to watch video's unless I may have a random thought and wanna see if its on youtube:p
-But really YouTube was one of my least used apps cause not only were it only enjoyable to watch videos while on wi-fi over edge it takes forever, but watching videos isn't that fun unless you have friends to watch the funny clips with you;)

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
I never really use my iPhone for anything other than calls, SMS, and sometimes to download applications and games. That's really all about it. Music, movies, videos, etc. never! Especially the YouTube application, I haven't opened it until now.

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
Haha I know what you mean man, like their some stock apps that I almost never touch like the clock or iTunes app:p
-Even the Stock app wouldn't have seen any use if it weren't for my Accounting class lol!

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
why bother having an iPhone then?

seems like a waste to me...

Nov 14, 2008
Cairo, Egypt.
Lol yeah, I don't even know what's the point of iTunes when you can easily download songs FOR FREE and transfer them to your iPhone. Also the mail application which isn't benefitting me in any means. Of course the Stocks one is far from being prior to me, because I never really studied accounting. Maps which is kind of cool, still has a flaw which it needs GPS and iPhone doesn't work on GPS right when you activate your Wifi, but your network provider has to do it for you and that blows. The Facebook application which I downloaded isn't that cool either, because I only created my facebook profile for my friends at school and at the club, other than that I wouldn't have done it anyway, I hate it. The Shazam application which I totally love is the best application in the App Store I guess. Also the WifiToggle application which you can get from Cydia happens to be one of my favorites, it'll save you time :).

It's not like you paid us from your own money :p.

Mar 30, 2008
Elizabethtown, Kentucky

I guess thats why the Appstore is their, so it can expand the user base with apps that people will/could use;)
-I wanted an iPhone cause I had an iPod that performed well as an MP3 player and owning a previous Apple product kinda bridged me to the iPhone I guess you could say like how some iPhone owners decide to later on buy a MacBook and vice versa;)

I also chose the iPhone cause it has the iPod feature apart of it along with the briliant touchscreen, simple learning curve, user friendly, and of course the beautiful design:cool:

oakie

Bronze
Oct 18, 2008
Las Vegas
www.revtarded.com
i don't see it happening until NAND flash memory prices drop to half of what they are right now. granted, the 32GB touch is well priced at $399, and with subsidizing, could go easily for $199 based on AT&T's $200 subsidy, but you have to factor in the additional hardware costs put into the iPhone compared to the Touch.

with Apple's hardware profit model, a 32GB iPhone would have to retail at $400+ AFTER subsidizing to maintain their desired profit margin. and comparing 3g sales to the first gen sales, that would just be too expensive for the majority of potential buyers.

so many people are buying the 8GB iPhone due to price compared to the 16GB version that as production costs fall, Apple would prefer to increase their profit margin than EOL the 8GB and replace it with a slimmer margin 32GB version.