$36 Activation Fee Credit

boylinator

Jul 1, 2007
During the frustrating process of activation, I had sent an email to an iPhone activation support address I found. I received the following email today:

------------------------

Hello,
I was forwarded your email in regards to the problems you have been experiencing with your iPhone. First of all, let me start off by saying I am very sorry to hear about all of the issues and want to assure you we are going to get this resolved for you as quickly as possible. If you can please reply to this email with the information requested in the template below in order fix your issue, I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks,

Name:
Address:
Mobile # ‘s for iPhone activations
Approval code (if applicable):
Point of sale: Apple or AT&T:
Size of iPhone 4G or 8G

------------------------

All I did was respond quickly:

My phone is finally activated after 47 hours of waiting........6 which was spent on the phone with numerous customer service reps.

And I'm the one who had to pay the $36 activation fee.

------------------------

Literally 2 minutes later I received this:

------------------------

Hello,

I am very sorry for the experience in which you had to endure. It is my intent to rectify or at least make you feel as if you are a valued AT&T customer. It is AT&T's goal to make sure each and every customer is satisfied with their service and equipment. I would like to extend to you a courtesy credit of $36.00 in order to cover your activation fee. Again, please except my apologies and let me know if there is anything I can assist you with further.
Thanks,

-------------------------

Pretty impressive and worth a shot for some of you who "suffered". The emails were coming from pmcsupport@cingular.com

Good Luck!

Bluesy1

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Southern CA
Well I guess that's the least they could do given the large amount of trouble people experienced with activation.

art

Bronze
Jun 29, 2007
Just proves what a good company AT&T is. Apple was very smart to partner with them. Steve Jobs is a smart guy who made a very smart decision. AT&T will be a very big part of the iPhones success.

AT&T is one of the reasons Apple sold way more iPhones than they predicted on the first weekend.

Thanks to AT&T, Apple and the iPhone have been big news.