3d gaming with settings set to chug: almost 5 hours of battery life

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
I cranked up all the settings to max and was even downloading apps in the background, and gave my iPad a thorough beating. It didn't say uncle until 4 hours and 56 minutes into it.

Requests?

Planning for the next video to either use those same settings with casual use (browsing and 2d games), or play 3d games on conservative settings. Depends on what I'm in the mood for when I wake up. I'm guessing 10-15 hours based on my informal testing since I got it (i.e. my iPad honeymoon :eek:k:eek:k)

KoukiFC3S

Bronze
Apr 7, 2010
I love the battery life on this thing. My iPhone never lasted long enough, but the ipads battery is amazing!

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
That is dedication! Awesome work.
You've apparently never discussed battery life with the man in chat before. This guy takes dedication to a whole 'nother definition entirely.

Nice work as always, Fury!

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
And I just took it to another one entirely :eek:k:eek:k

I turned everything off (including sound and wifi) and brightness minimum so that games was the ONLY thing it was doing and it lasted 12 hours 21 minutes.

Encoding the video now :D

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
You've apparently never discussed battery life with the man in chat before. This guy takes dedication to a whole 'nother definition entirely.

Nice work as always, Fury!
No, he is rarely around the screen when I am in chat. I know he likes to test the batteries of these devices though! It takes some dedication to tinker with the device until the battery is done, and then upload a modified video to show others the results. I for one am glad he would take a 12 hour romp with the iPad, and post a time lapsed video to showcase the device. The story is newsworthy, and he deserves some cred! Looking forward to the 12 hour video.