3D iPhone

coolio865

Jul 18, 2011
What are the chances of the next iPhone that's released having glasses free 3D screen, 3D camera, and at least a 4" screen? I'm thinking about getting the LG Thrill instead if the next iPhone won't be 3D.

coolio865

Jul 18, 2011
And class. 3D is for kids.
That is a lie. Either your a huge Apple fanboy or don't know what you're talking about. I have had an iPhone 3GS for two years. Loved it and am now ready for a new phone. I love iOS, but 3D is the future whether or not others want it or believe it. It REALLY makes a difference for gaming and I'm a gamer and have been for all my life basically. I have the Evo 3D right now and enjoy the 3D a lot, I'm getting rid of it mainly because I like ATT more plus the Thrill will have better 3D. But honestly if the iPhone 5 was announced to have 3D screen and 3D camera I would wait until it came out no problems. But 3D, if only for a certain age group, is for adults. In case you didn't know it can damage kids' eyes. So it can't be FOR them.

Santa

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 2, 2009
Colorado, USA
My wife checked out the EVO 3D. The 3D is OK, but what's not good, is that in "2D" the screen is fuzzier that a regular 2D screen. So unless all you use the phone for is video and pictures, it's really a step back, because stuff like email and wonderful forums like this one will not be as clear.

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
That is a lie. Either your a huge Apple fanboy or don't know what you're talking about. I have had an iPhone 3GS for two years. Loved it and am now ready for a new phone. I love iOS, but 3D is the future whether or not others want it or believe it. It REALLY makes a difference for gaming and I'm a gamer and have been for all my life basically. I have the Evo 3D right now and enjoy the 3D a lot, I'm getting rid of it mainly because I like ATT more plus the Thrill will have better 3D. But honestly if the iPhone 5 was announced to have 3D screen and 3D camera I would wait until it came out no problems. But 3D, if only for a certain age group, is for adults. In case you didn't know it can damage kids' eyes. So it can't be FOR them.
First off, don't call me a liar for posting my opinion. Second, there's no need for name-calling (fanboy) here. Third, don't tell me about eyes. I know more about the physical structure and dangers to eyes than you'll ever know, having undergone several major surgeries in both.

Again, what I posted was my opinion.

MrMike6by9

Evangelist
Gold
Nov 16, 2008
Maryland, USA
3D is not really needed for a phone. For perspective, check some of the discussions over at AVS Forum where you'll find people who own $10k+ systems in their entertainment rooms who continue to say it's not yet worth the investment for their TV's and home projection setups.

YMMV

Sent from my iPhone using iCafe app.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
To me, 3D is just hype and another fad racing towards it's own demise...again.
It happens in Hollywood where they make an advance in 3D, put out a couple years of movies and then sales start to slump and the novelty wears off.
It's a little more profound this time around as technology is keeping it alive somewhat, but I don't see it lasting.
I have seen Thor in 3D and it was good, and I really didn't have eye strain leaving the theater. Saw Transformers 3 in IMAX 3D and my eyes felt like they would explode when I got out of the theater. The technologies between the 2 different types of 3D was fairly large. One used slightly colored glasses (and gave my the horrible eye strain) and the other was based on opposite polarization of the lenses (one vertical and one horizontal) Which felt fine.
When it comes to home theater or even a phone, this new 3D tech is still too new to be "safe" and enjoyable.
Some will scream it's the future and demand it now. Others have seen the cycle, and know it's going to die off in a bit and the next resurrection should be decent. Plus to the others, it's not a big deal.

iapplebro

Jul 19, 2011
imo 3D iPhones will never catch on. Watching a 3D movie on your iPhone just isn't a feasible plan, the screen isn't big enough. Plus 3D movies take up 3 times more space than normal HD movies. Space that could be used in much better ways.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Three reason for not wanting 3D
1) inconsistency in quality and format Grade: D
2) much higher prices ($16.50 where I live- about double of a regular movie ticket) Grade D
3) those glasses. Uncomfortable, strain inducing, not fun to wear. Grade D

There's your 3D's