3G 2.2 lag

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
Hi All,

im having major troubles with lag when jailbreaking my 3g. I know Dave has has the same problems and run polls etc on the subject.

Mine got that bad im now stock, and my phone runs at least 2 x as fast, in some apps 3 x as fast..... has anyone got any idea on solutions for this?

All i had installed was winterboard with 3 themes, a few apps such as cycorder and open ssh...thats it...?

thanks

seanwes

Zealot
Gold
Feb 13, 2008
San Antonio, TX
Hi All,

im having major troubles with lag when jailbreaking my 3g. I know Dave has has the same problems and run polls etc on the subject.

Mine got that bad im now stock, and my phone runs at least 2 x as fast, in some apps 3 x as fast..... has anyone got any idea on solutions for this?

All i had installed was winterboard with 3 themes, a few apps such as cycorder and open ssh...thats it...?

thanks
You can try restoring to stock 2.2, jailbreaking it, setup as new phone, don't restore from your backup, and reload everything on it manually, and start from scratch. Add one jailbroken app at a time, optionally restarting your phone in between the installation of each one. If you really want to nail down what is causing your lag, trying living with your phone for a day or two after you install each thing, and see which one causes you lag.

these are all just speculation, but you said you wanted ideas. i haven't confirmed all of them, but i've roughly followed this format, and i'm still running snappy fast weeks later on jb 2.2, as is my gf's which i also jailbroke and set up.

BigCiX

Zealot
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Bakersfield, CA
there's always going to be lag when you jailbreak. Not lag as in text but lag as in how long applications open up as well as boot up. Thats just something that comes with jailbreaking.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I tried stripping my jailbreak to the bare minimum... essentially nothing installed. The lag continued. I've read about ways to try and reduce/eliminate it, but they don't seem to work universally so I just gave up. Until they find a way to make jailbreaking lag-free, I'll likely remain stock for the life of this phone.

smittylube

Bronze
Feb 19, 2008
Silicon Valley
JB lag for me is about 1 second more. Not enought to back stock. I also use very few items in wb and manually change files

BigCiX

Zealot
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Bakersfield, CA
JB lag for me is about 1 second more. Not enought to back stock. I also use very few items in wb and manually change files
same here. i usually reset my phone once i wake up and again later on just to get rid of some of the lag.