3G and Gmail

DavidT

Bronze
Aug 15, 2008
Baltimore MD
After too many years on Outlook via an exchange server I now find myself having to use Gmail. I have many questions however I think I should start out by good old fashion reading. Does anyone know of

1) the name of a book to read about Gmail kind of a missing manula thing
2) can you really get push, or is fetch the best i am going to do. since I already set it up on the phone (it works on fetch) what (step by step) would I have to do to change it to push
3) Got the tasks working on my 3G and in Gmail. the only problem is on Gmail I can set a date, if I set the task up on the 3G, then there is no option to set a date. Is this a result from Gmail or my settings
4) Can I get my calendar from the 3G onto Gmail and from Gmail back to the phone

Quake97

Silver
Jul 10, 2007
Philly Burbs
1) There isn't much need for a manual. It's pretty simple to use and there's help info with every option.
2) You cannot get push with Gmail directly. You can however, forward your Gmail to other push options (Exchange, MobileMe or Yahoo!) and handle it that way. Try Google-ing "push gmail iPhone" and you'll find a bunch.
3) I think that's how the mobile version works right now. I don't like it either.
4) Yeah, again, Google it.

Joe

DavidT

Bronze
Aug 15, 2008
Baltimore MD
Thank you I was just hoping there was some written guides

smittylube

Bronze
Feb 19, 2008
Silicon Valley
I think it blows away outlook. you can get it on your main computer as well as the phone.
Works fantastic for me and the spam filters are excellent.