3G...and GPS

Kabeyun

Silver
Jan 10, 2007
Northeast US
More fodder for the rumor mill. Probably a duplicate post, but what the hey. Courtesy of Engadget. Enjoy.

-K

Steveo 90

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
i will probably get one just to get one.......but thats the way i am

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
that pic has been used before

Jhors2

Bronze
Nov 11, 2007
I kinda like the recessed jack actually...makes me feel like the connector is more secure, I wouldn't like if they got rid of that that much.

adseguy

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I kinda like the recessed jack actually...makes me feel like the connector is more secure, I wouldn't like if they got rid of that that much.
Well you are the VAST minority then. I think most agree that the recessed jack sucks when it comes to third party/everyone else's headphones

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
If it's gloss black I'm going to be extremely happy. It would look super sleek.
It's been found that the image in the article is just a current iPhone in a case. There's a picture somewhere of the case on shelves in a store. I'll look for it.

K - Haven't seen you around in a while. Where ya been?

- John

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
It's been found that the image in the article is just a current iPhone in a case. There's a picture somewhere of the case on shelves in a store. I'll look for it.

- John
Yeah I saw that posted elsewhere and got super depressed. I'm thinking of sending my current iPhone off to Colorware once I get the new iPhone in my hands. I'll probably want to use the old one more then because of it's sleek exterior.

Kabeyun

Silver
Jan 10, 2007
Northeast US

- John
I've been posting here & there. Lots of thread reading. LOTS of thread moves (our categories must be difficult to figure out :p). Usual spam annihilation. No big flames to jump in on, which is nice.

Mainly I've been preoccupied with the four holes which until two weeks ago contained my wisdom teeth. Then a dry socket. Then an abscess. Then a granuloma. More surgery. Two weeks of antibiotics. Maybe a bone infection. Chance of root canal on an adjacent tooth. Can't drink anything cooler then room temp or a lightning bolt shoots through my jaw. Hard to do my job on Vicodin, so I'm dealing with Advil. All just in time for our Barbados vacation. I'm a little cranky. Thanks for asking, tho.

-K

P.S. Here's a link to my dentist's practice.

P.P.S. Sorry for the hijack. Regarding the nextgen iPhone, I couldn't care less about the enclosure. I'm pretty interested in the "news" of GPS, and curious about the effect on battery life, both primary (feeding the circuit) and secondary (having the screen on all the time while you track your trip). Still useful, tho, imo.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I've been posting here & there. Lots of thread reading. LOTS of thread moves (our categories must be difficult to figure out :p). Usual spam annihilation. No big flames to jump in on, which is nice.

Mainly I've been preoccupied with the four holes which until two weeks ago contained my wisdom teeth. Then a dry socket. Then an abscess. Then a granuloma. More surgery. Two weeks of antibiotics. Maybe a bone infection. Chance of root canal on an adjacent tooth. Can't drink anything cooler then room temp or a lightning bolt shoots through my jaw. Hard to do my job on Vicodin, so I'm dealing with Advil. All just in time for our Barbados vacation. I'm a little cranky. Thanks for asking, tho.

-K

P.P.S. Sorry for the hijack. Regarding the nextgen iPhone, I couldn't care less about the enclosure. I'm pretty interested in the "news" of GPS, and curious about the effect on battery life, both primary (feeding the circuit) and secondary (having the screen on all the time while you track your trip). Still useful, tho, imo.
Ouch. I suppose I've never had anything serious going in the dental department, but several of my friends have, and I know it's not fun. And I can't stand drinking a glass of just about anything at room temp.

And I concur, sorry for the hijacking.

- John

VasiliosKN

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
NY - Miami

-K

Make sure you DO NOT let them put Mercury fillings in your teeth. Its been banned in Norway and starting in many other countries. Its been linked to mercury leakage (through vapor) and can enter your bloodstream and brain causing major chronic issues. It probably will never be banned in America because god knows money is worth more than life here! :mad:

Kabeyun

Silver
Jan 10, 2007
Northeast US
Make sure you DO NOT let them put Mercury fillings in your teeth. Its been banned in Norway and starting in many other countries. Its been linked to mercury leakage (through vapor) and can enter your bloodstream and brain causing major chronic issues. It probably will never be banned in America because god knows money is worth more than life here! :mad:
Thanks for the concern, and as a fellow cynic I appreciate your comments. However, the whole mercury amalgam issue is way overblown. There is no conclusive evidence that an indwelling filling leeches out any clinically relevant amount of mercury, and I'm pretty comfortable reading medical literature.

Not sure I buy your money argument either. Amalgam is still the cheapest, most durable filling you can get. One thing's for certain: people who profit from "Mercury Panic," such as lawyers, biased activist organizations, and people who dispose of the waste, are sure to fan the flames.

The "them" who put in my several amalgam fillings was my own father. No one can convince me that it'd be worth having my amalgam fillings revised. I've had them for years and have hasf no ill effrcts frm th mrcri in m mthh....

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread. :)

-K