3G and Toyota Prius

latinnftl

Bronze
Mar 19, 2007
Hi Folks,

I have a 3G and am considering getting a Toyota Prius. Anyone have a Prius that they care to share their experiences between the two? I'm planning on getting the bluetooth option in the car. Thoughts? Also, have you guys tried the interface kit for Ipod in the Prius, does it work with the 3G?

Thanks
JA

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
get a prius if you want a car that is built essentially by slave workers. damn people get a clue

Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
Umm in case you haven't noticed...the iPhone itself is built with cheap Chinese labor. They get paid little to nothing, and the phones sell for $200 $300 and upwards for the crazy unlocked prices.
Damn, y don't you get a fucking clue.

In answer to the OP's question the bluetooth on the iPhone is good...but not great. Some people have connection issues. Try asking Toyota how well the Prius will connect. Other than that best of luck.

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
In answer to the OP's question the bluetooth on the iPhone is good...but not great. Some people have connection issues. Try asking Toyota how well the Prius will connect. Other than that best of luck.
I haven't had any issues with my iPhone in my 2009 Acura TSX.

And to add to Londonrockz, maybe you should take your iPhone to the Toyota dealership and see if you can pair it with a Prius on the lot and while you take it for a test drive try making a call.

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
I have a base model, but I've found the 3G is fine for connections and the AUX. I REALLY recommend checking out www.priuschat.com. My SN is rxmxsh over there. Feel free to PM me here to there if you have questions.

Good luck.

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
I have a Lexus, but I am assuming the BT components in my car are identical to Toyota. The BT via the 3G works fine in my car, no problems at all. I can also see the signal strength and battery level via the car's GPS screen.

But like someone else previously stated, try checking out a dealership and see if they will let you sync up with a Prius and try it out?

Jul 19, 2008
London or Miami
I haven't had any issues with my iPhone in my 2009 Acura TSX.

And to add to Londonrockz, maybe you should take your iPhone to the Toyota dealership and see if you can pair it with a Prius on the lot and while you take it for a test drive try making a call.
Thats good then! Because i thought the bluetooth wasn't that great, but hey if it works it works.:cool:

Kentucky

Bronze
Nov 3, 2007
get a prius if you want a car that is built essentially by slave workers. damn people get a clue

Sounds like a real jealous non-prius owner to me !

For the guy who made a decent request for help, I have owned a Prius , 2006 for 2 years now and the iPhone and bluetooth work perfect together. I have used both the V1 and the 3G with it and it's great !
Once you 'pair ' with each other, , if you have your iPhone in bluetooth mode and get in the car, you don't have to do anything, it will auto answer , dial from the Prius screen, , voice dial etc.

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
Umm in case you haven't noticed...the iPhone itself is built with cheap Chinese labor. They get paid little to nothing, and the phones sell for $200 $300 and upwards for the crazy unlocked prices.
Damn, y don't you get a fucking clue.

cheap labor and slave labor are two completely different things. china is built on its ability to mass produce products for cheap based on the way its government is structured. toyota distinctly takes advantage of immigrant workers, voilates their human rights, and has been caught.

http://www.nlcnet.org/article.php?id=590

try to do some research before you look like an idiot again.

to the OP, just use the AUX jack in a car but please read the article before you purchase a prius.

ppeachy3p

Jul 6, 2010
Sounds like a real jealous non-prius owner to me !

For the guy who made a decent request for help, I have owned a Prius , 2006 for 2 years now and the iPhone and bluetooth work perfect together. I have used both the V1 and the 3G with it and it's great !
Once you 'pair ' with each other, , if you have your iPhone in bluetooth mode and get in the car, you don't have to do anything, it will auto answer , dial from the Prius screen, , voice dial etc.
Does anyone know how to transfer contacts to the Prius? Also having problems with voice dial. Any help is much appreciated!

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
If that was what I really wanted, I'd get one built in Mexico. They pay more like slaves than the Japs do.

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
cheap labor and slave labor are two completely different things. china is built on its ability to mass produce products for cheap based on the way its government is structured. toyota distinctly takes advantage of immigrant workers, voilates their human rights, and has been caught.

http://www.nlcnet.org/article.php?id=590

try to do some research before you look like an idiot again.

to the OP, just use the AUX jack in a car but please read the article before you purchase a prius.
I love driving gas guzzling trucks just to piss off the tree hugging prius owners. But crap like this makes me want to own a prius to counter this idiot.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
Nothing like a spammer bump to stir up a turd flushed long ago...