3G Auto Detection

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

jalalawi

Bronze
Apr 23, 2011
Recently I am experiencing difficulties in connecting to the 3G network in some places but if I choose the 3G network manually it works fine which means that iPhone is not detecting the 3G automatically! Any reason for that?

jalalawi

Bronze
Apr 23, 2011
The think that the operator's staff they don't know exactly what has to be done as sometimes they are saying you have to type the username & pw and sometimes they are saying no need. If u reset the setting only the username & pw removed but the address not!

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
3G, 4G and LTE are all provided by your carrier. There is no user login or password. If you have an account, it is automatic. If you are getting No Service, you need to reset your network settings. This is done in the Settings app. Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings.

If you are referring to a WiFi network that is not auto-connecting, you need to either reset the network settings or forget the network and add it back in. To forget it, go into your WiFi settings and tap the "i" that is in a blue circle.

jalalawi

Bronze
Apr 23, 2011
I am now referring to 3G network and slowness in detecting it. I have reset the Cellular setting but not all settings

jalalawi

Bronze
Apr 23, 2011
Just now I was with the operator and they gave me another address and they told me the previous one causing slowness!