3G Battery - Different kind of thread

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
Has anyone noticed that the 3G battery charges REALLY quickly? Has anyone else found this to be true, or am I on crack? :laugh2:

TangoTango

Bronze
Jul 19, 2008
Las Vegas
You're not alone. It does seem to charge very fast. It's nice when I've been listening to Pandora for a few hours and want to top it up for the rest of the evening.

iphone62907

Bronze
Jun 25, 2007
Has anyone noticed that the 3G battery charges REALLY quickly? Has anyone else found this to be true, or am I on crack? :laugh2:
it shows full real quick, but i can't imagine it actually charges that fast. maybe it just goes up there, and then will decrease real quick to?

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
Yeah, it does seem to charge quickly, but it also drains a little more quickly than v1.

TangoTango

Bronze
Jul 19, 2008
Las Vegas
it shows full real quick, but i can't imagine it actually charges that fast. maybe it just goes up there, and then will decrease real quick to?
I don't think so....... I was testing how long it would last on 3G. I had charged and discharged the battery a couple times since I bought my phone. Then I started with a full charge, and played with stuff. I used the Location and maps, browsed a few pages and then ran Pandora until it was down to the 20% pop-up. This was as expected, lasting about 5-6 hours, all in 3G mode.

I popped it on the USB cable for 30 minutes, and was good for several more hours. I don't think it charges fully in that time, but more than enough to keep me going.

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
I don't think so....... I was testing how long it would last on 3G. I had charged and discharged the battery a couple times since I bought my phone. Then I started with a full charge, and played with stuff. I used the Location and maps, browsed a few pages and then ran Pandora until it was down to the 20% pop-up. This was as expected, lasting about 5-6 hours, all in 3G mode.

I popped it on the USB cable for 30 minutes, and was good for several more hours. I don't think it charges fully in that time, but more than enough to keep me going.
yes, it seems to charge quite quickly compared to V1.

Thanks for 'firming this up, guys.

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
You can see if the battery is fully charged. If you look at the battery icon on the upper right hand corner, it will have a little lightning bolt within the battery when it's still charging. Once it's fully charged, the little lightning symbol will change to a plug.

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
You can see if the battery is fully charged. If you look at the battery icon on the upper right hand corner, it will have a little lightning bolt within the battery when it's still charging. Once it's fully charged, the little lightning symbol will change to a plug.
Right. :confused: That was never a question, nor is what this thread is about..... not sure the point of your post.

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
I am glad you mentioned this Ramesh because I thought it was just me. But yes I immediately noticed it charge way quicker. Also is runs down quicker too but worth it. I just have a charger handy at home and car. I have been charging it every other night with normal use, if heavy use I will charge it nightly. But indeed I am impressed with how fast it charges.

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
Right. :confused: That was never a question, nor is what this thread is about..... not sure the point of your post.
Wasn't sure if some people were aware. But the question was, is the iPhone lying when it tells you if it's fully charged? Maybe...maybe not. I'll just trust the charge status while you can keep smoking crack & wondering.:rolleyes:

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
Wasn't sure if some people were aware. But the question was, is the iPhone lying when it tells you if it's fully charged? Maybe...maybe not. I'll just trust the charge status while you can keep smoking crack & wondering.:rolleyes:
Uhm no. read it again. The question was if people noticed the battery was charging faster than the version 1 phone. I'm not retarded, and I can tell when the phone is fully charged. Please re-read the OP and the supporting posts. If you need me to explain it to you a little better, feel free to pm me.:rolleyes:

ZR_Yancy

Genius
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Florida
Uhm no. read it again. The question was if people noticed the battery was charging faster than the version 1 phone. I'm not retarded, and I can tell when the phone is fully charged. Please re-read the OP and the supporting posts. If you need me to explain it to you a little better, feel free to pm me.:rolleyes:
Calm down junior. I never said you were retarded. A couple of the responses to your question seemed like they weren't sure if it charged all the way. for example:

i can't imagine it actually charges that fast.
and this poster may not be aware if the charge indicator with his/her response. If he/she did, he would know by simply looking at the indicator.

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
Calm down junior. I never said you were retarded. A couple of the responses to your question seemed like they weren't sure if it charged all the way. for example:

and this poster may not be aware if the charge indicator with his/her response. If he/she did, he would know by simply looking at the indicator.
lol - you called me "junior". Anyway, "chief" - no worries. You referenced the OP when you should have quoted what you were talking about. That's the cause of confusion here.

Anyway - anyone else notice a faster charge on the 3G phone?

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
lol - you called me "junior". Anyway, "chief" - no worries. You referenced the OP when you should have quoted what you were talking about. That's the cause of confusion here.

Anyway - anyone else notice a faster charge on the 3G phone?
Yes-I answered in between the argument:laugh2:.

TangoTango

Bronze
Jul 19, 2008
Las Vegas
Yes I am aware of the Charge indicator, thank you. I did not check and so did not want to post something that I did not know to be a fact.

Painkiller

Bronze
Aug 9, 2007
...and this is why I mostly lurk and never post: too many arrogant perfectionists that are ready to jump and whine at the slightest thing that they can perceive and incorrect.

streborhcaz

Bronze
Nov 16, 2007
Found this graph on Apple.com. You can see how if your phone is dead, it will charge quickly for the first 2 hours, then it takes a little longer to get a full charge.