3G case suggestions

flipper421

Bronze
Jul 13, 2008
Oregon
Can anyone recommend a really bullet proof case setup that clips to your belt and can adjust to hold my 3g horizontally and protect the screen from hip bumps on counters etc.?

Everything I have seen in the stores tends to not stay on the belt very long. If you bend down to pick something up they slip off and fall.

I'm looking for some good solutions. Cost is not a big issue. Durability, functionality, and excellent protection are my key issues. Leather would be great but I'm open for any suggestions.

Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
Can anyone recommend a really bullet proof case setup that clips to your belt and can adjust to hold my 3g horizontally and protect the screen from hip bumps on counters etc.?

Everything I have seen in the stores tends to not stay on the belt very long. If you bend down to pick something up they slip off and fall.

I'm looking for some good solutions. Cost is not a big issue. Durability, functionality, and excellent protection are my key issues. Leather would be great but I'm open for any suggestions.
Search the 3G accessories sub-forum or the Reviews section.

Nutchos

Bronze
Jul 21, 2008
checkout the vaja cases, most of them cover the iPhone completely on the front and you can add in belt clips which I've heard are pretty good quality. If Vaja is too expensive just check out any of the "pouch" type cases that completely cover the phone.

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
I got a contour showcase and it comes with the belt clip you can face the screen inwards or outwards

www.contourcase.com
I saw the Showcase at the Apple Store. I was impressed with its protection. Also, I've always been wanting a vertical belt clip. The only thing that kept me from buying it is that I want a clip with a stand as well.

morrison 73

Bronze
Oct 3, 2007
I got a contour showcase and it comes with the belt clip you can face the screen inwards or outwards

www.contourcase.com

Right now I'm not a big fan of anything from contour. I bought the black hardcase for my 3g. After a few weeks the film on the back of the case started to peel off. I dropped my phone on cement and the case came apart at impact...due to the two-piece case design. It caused some nice nicks when my naked phone skipped down the sidewalk. Be warned.

:cool:

iconone

Zealot
Gold
Apr 8, 2008
Clear Lake Texas
look on you tube you two dudes do a un boxing/ review on every case out it was a huge help for me finding a case.

Cart2579

Aug 15, 2008
I am running the Contour Fusion case and for me it does the job of day to day protection. Actually dropped the my iPhone from about 5ft on to the pavement and just picked it up and it came out great, no scratches to the screen and it landed screen side first. I did just order up an Otterbox defender case for my outdoor activities, mountainbiking, hiking and jeeping. Just my two cents.

jarofclay73

Zealot
Gold
Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
I got the Contour Showcase 3G. I love it because it has a vertical holster and the clip doubles as a horizontal stand. I can also put it in the holster face out or face in. And the back of the case is clear to show off my white iPhone. :)

Another feature is its one-piece design. I have a Griffin which is a two-piece design and it came off when I dropped it once. Although there was no major damage, my bezel did get scuffed a bit. A one-piece case probably won't come off so easily.

blazew0n

Bronze
Aug 19, 2008
I got the Contour Showcase 3G. I love it because it has a vertical holster and the clip doubles as a horizontal stand. I can also put it in the holster face out or face in. And the back of the case is clear to show off my white iPhone. :)

Another feature is its one-piece design. I have a Griffin which is a two-piece design and it came off when I dropped it once. Although there was no major damage, my bezel did get scuffed a bit. A one-piece case probably won't come off so easily.
Nice, can you take a pic of it of your phone with the case?

iPhoneMonster

Bronze
Jan 18, 2009
The best case I would suggest is the Otterbox defender.

J

jake1496

Which iPhone case will you choose?

Since protecting the phone from scratches, dust and something else seems very difficult for us in our life, it’s necessary to get a durable case for your precious phone.Which iPhone case will you choose? 248a88dc1d986bcb360151eb2e405303.image.300x300.jpg

Apple4me

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 27, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Is this a test? I guess I fail because I don't understand the question, choose one of those pics ?