3G connection

ejs06003

May 28, 2008
So i finally got my iPhone today and i am loving it..

I have a questions or concerns though. i did do a search but had a problem finding anything relating to it. Any links are welcome as well as advice

1. my 3g connection is not there. It is always giving me the little E. It goes so slow. How do I get the 3g connection? or improve the connection?

I have not problem connecting to my wifi at my house which is super fast but I can never seem to connect to Edge. Just FYI i just got it like 3 hours ago and I have synced it and everything.

Thanks. Eric

edit:
Sorry
type 06107 into the zip code to see where i am. It say 3g is strong in the area.
http://www.wireless.att.com/coverageviewer/

jptolife

Silver
Jul 15, 2007
New York City
There might not be any 3G coverage where you live. You can check the coverage maps on the AT&T website. I'm sure a Google search will get you there.

Owgasm

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
were you connected to the network yet?

i had to wait about 3-5hrs for my sim and iPhone to actually connect to the network.

ejs06003

May 28, 2008
were you connected to the network yet?

i had to wait about 3-5hrs for my sim and iPhone to actually connect to the network.
Im not exactly sure what this means but I can make and receive calls. Edge does work....slowly. maybe you are talking about something else?

jptolife

Silver
Jul 15, 2007
New York City
Im not exactly sure what this means but I can make and receive calls. Edge does work....slowly. maybe you are talking about something else?
If you can make calls and edge works it means you are connected to the network. I would call AT&T or go to an Apple store and tell them about the problem. Are you inside your house? Have you tried going outside and see if it picks the 3G network?

Owgasm

Bronze
Jul 12, 2008
yeah, sorry about that.
Well, in that case, you are connected to the network and your 3G connection should be available.

Outside o.O, if 3G can't get through your roof, what is it made out of? :p

kevlar08

Zealot
Gold
Jul 3, 2008
Colorado
there might be an issue with you specific area, check with an att store or call in and ask some questions, this could change over night tho too