3G Crack - Help!

Neo-Tech

Bronze
Oct 24, 2008
Hello,

I got my iPhone 3G in November 2008 and a couple of weeks ago I noticed a crack near my silencer switch and nowhere else. It's a black 8GB model and I know these aren't affected as much. I'm in the UK with the original O2 Carrier (love 'em). So will I get a replacement for something really minor? Also, should I wait for WWDC to finish and for the new iPhone to be release? If I am lucky, they might give me the new iPhone with a small amount of money on top which I am willing to pay!

Views pl0x.
Regards,
Neo-Tech

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
You need to take it back for a replacement. It should be replaced with no problem(at least here in the states it hasn't been one). Waiting until the new phone comes out will be a waste of time. You won't get a new phone anyway you look at it. What you will get is a 3G refurb which are as good as new.
If you are jailbroken, be sure to backup and restore as a new phone before returning it.

Neo-Tech

Bronze
Oct 24, 2008
Righty, thanks for the info. Won't be sending it now, will probably send it in June. I'll also give you guys a status of the repair.

Bitewound

Evangelist
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
Biteyland NYC
If you are near an Apple Store, bring it in, they will replace it on the spot. Don't forget to back -up your phone.

Neo-Tech

Bronze
Oct 24, 2008
Ok, no Apple Store near me for quite a few miles away. I never forget to backup, it's a paranoia type thingy, I always triple check if I have done so :p