3G Dock

k3n85

Bronze
Jul 14, 2008
yes I'm a sucker for a dock since I don't just want it laying on my desk .... at work or home. $29 blah blah the phone was cheaper, anyways, does anyone know if they carry the dock @ AT&T or only online/Apple Stores? Going to pick mine up tonight and just curious before I go.

Thank ya!

iMerlin

Silver
Sep 20, 2007
Algonquin, IL
yes I'm a sucker for a dock since I don't just want it laying on my desk .... at work or home. $29 blah blah the phone was cheaper, anyways, does anyone know if they carry the dock @ AT&T or only online/Apple Stores? Going to pick mine up tonight and just curious before I go.

Thank ya!
I just came from the Apple store in IL and I did not see the dock there. I was looking for it too. I have seen it online though. I wish they had a black dock to match the phone though.
You can always get the universal dock, that one comes with a remote too.

juzcallmeg0d

Bronze
Jun 13, 2008
I just came from the Apple store in IL and I did not see the dock there. I was looking for it too. I have seen it online though. I wish they had a black dock to match the phone though.
You can always get the universal dock, that one comes with a remote too.
which store did u get yours at?

i got mine at northbrook mall :)

bls8195

Bronze
Apr 23, 2008
Texas City, TX
Where online did you see them for the new phones? I would love to purchase one.

DeathBySnuggles

Bronze
Jul 5, 2007
Tampa, Fl
Since my V1 phone took a dump the week before i got the 3G, I took a dremel tool to the original dock and now I'm golden.

bls8195

Bronze
Apr 23, 2008
Texas City, TX
All I see on the Apple site is the normal dock but it does not say its good for the 3G, or am I missing something?

V Diddy

Bronze
Jul 16, 2008
if you use a case, would it still fit in the dock? it looks like the dock is pretty flush with the phone.. so i don't think so..?

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
if you use a case, would it still fit in the dock? it looks like the dock is pretty flush with the phone.. so i don't think so..?
There are a few cases that will "adjust" to fit in the dock, but overall you are correct. You have to take the case off. This is why I don't use a dock.

V Diddy

Bronze
Jul 16, 2008
yeah i'm not gona get one then.. haha

iMerlin

Silver
Sep 20, 2007
Algonquin, IL
I think this is why the universal dock appeals to me. Depending on the case, you can still dock the phone without removing the case.

V Diddy

Bronze
Jul 16, 2008
what i hear it's $50.. the universal dock. no thanks haha unless it's cheaper?

JoeT

Silver
Dec 18, 2007
Tampa, FL
The Apple Store sells them - the store I was at on iDay2 had them, but was sold out a few days later. The local AT&T store says that they "will be" carrying them - and they have USB dock cables - but no docks in stock a few days ago.

akaremo44

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007

Thank ya!
I picked up 2 at the Apple store yesterday for $29 I had to ask if they had any because there were none on the floor and he went into the back and brought 2 out with him. Mt local AT&T Store told me that they had not gotten any in at this time, Hope this helps

michael95gt

Bronze
Oct 14, 2007
Adamsville, Tn

Thank ya!
IT's been 12 days since the last post, has anyone found a dock at an AT&T store yet? None in my area has them, and the closest Apple store is 100 miles away!:mad: