3G freezes all the time!

wesexcellence

Bronze
Jan 30, 2008
Daytona Beach
www.audiobywes.com
My gen 1 was 1.1.4 j/b att and I had it loaded with apps. It never gave me any problems.
I multi-tasked and it was very responsive.

Now I also have a 3g and it freezes about 30 times a day.
I have restored and left it with no apps and it still freezes.
It usually happens when texting but sometimes while surfing the web.

I just am really let down with this phone.

Sometimes my phone rings and nothing I do can answer. I just hope they leave a voicemail so I can return the calls.

Do I have a dud or am I just a vistim of Apple rushing bad technology?

BTW The ATT guy at store said he never has heard of a freezing issue.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
If you have an Apple Store in the area, I would take it back. There have been problems with 2.0, but this is the most extreme case I have heard of. Believe you have a bum phone.

kisstine

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Northern California
I've had mine freeze a few times, so you're not alone there. I wouldn't deal with AT&T if you're having issues with your device; they aren't experts on the iPhone. Make a Genius Bar appointment and take it in to the Apple store where you can get some real answers.

mampjob

Aug 1, 2008
agree with above. Though I've had mine for only about 1 week, I've yet to have the phone freeze on me.

PDACPA

Silver
Jan 16, 2008
Florida
I just posted a thread on this (didn't find this one till after). Mine does a sort of freeze, but very infrequently. I thought it was like a full memory or something (I know that was a windows mobile issue of apps not closing).

I cannot make it happen, but many times feels like when you try to access a web page and your signal is poor and takes forever. The freeze unfreezes, but take some time. Happened going to the weather app, camera, etc.