3G in Salt Lake

danipoak

Silver
Dec 13, 2007
Not Alaska
I've noticed a few people with iPhones on this forum that live in Salt Lake and I am wondering if any of them have gotten the new phones and experienced the 3G on them? I am from Alaska and live up here during the summers but go down there for school so as of right now there is no point in me upgrading since there is no 3G in Alaska. I know the EDGE connection was useless in Salt Lake so if 3G is at all similar I'm staying V1.

I've noticed a few people with iPhones on this forum that live in Salt Lake and I am wondering if any of them have gotten the new phones and experienced the 3G on them? I am from Alaska and live up here during the summers but go down there for school so as of right now there is no point in me upgrading since there is no 3G in Alaska. I know the EDGE connection was useless in Salt Lake so if 3G is at all similar I'm staying V1.
I had to fly into Salt Lake City last week. I have a 3G iPhone and the phone showed 3G on the screen when I was in the terminal.

Jul 20, 2008
I'll be in SLC later this week for a trade show. I guess I'll find out.

danipoak

Silver
Dec 13, 2007
Not Alaska
You really cannot rely on the coverage viewer. It simply is not accurate.
It's true that's why I ask if anyone has experienced it there. My edge connection there is total shite and rarely will I have full service, often time 2 or 3 bars. It's pretty pathetic service in my opinion for such a large city.

MileHighRob

Zealot
Gold
Jul 16, 2008
Colorado
I live in downtown Denver and when you view the coverage map it looks like you've died and gone to 3G heaven. However, in reality that is just not the case. Best advice is to get feedback from people there and I'd take a broad sample as well. It can vary greatly from one neighborhood or block to the next. I suspect this is constantly changing and eventually we'll all get awesome 3G coverage.