Silver
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
So, let's sum up:
- no copy/paste
- no MMS
- no video camera
- same crappy camera

Hmm, oh yeah it has 3G... Cool.... What else?

JuSeDing

Bronze
Mar 1, 2008
Torontoo
So, let's sum up:
- no copy/paste
- no MMS
- no video camera
- same crappy camera

Lol I have to agree not that excited for me except the pricing of the new ones... which pisses me off as i purchased mine for way more than that.....

seb481

Silver
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
I am also pissed because EVERYBODY will be able to afford the iPhone. I wish Apple would release a more expensive version for snobs like me...

JuSeDing

Bronze
Mar 1, 2008
Torontoo
I am also pissed because EVERYBODY will be able to afford the iPhone. I wish Apple would release a more expensive version for snobs like me...

Yeah same here, I would like the exclusiveness of having the iPhone.. But now everyone will have it... sighhh

But on the side not, it is good for the people that sold it for a high price and now being able to purchase the new one for cheap and earn extra cash (used version too)

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Same crappy camera? I've taken some of my best photos with the iPhone. It has a wonderful camera.

- John

JuSeDing

Bronze
Mar 1, 2008
Torontoo
So, let's sum up:
- no copy/paste
- no MMS
- no video camera
- same crappy camera

Something to add to that.. besides 3G they have a "SIM ejector tool" that is included in the box, so no more pins and paper clips!

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
They also didn't specify the phone wouldn't have copy and paste, might have just left it out. I agree with Cols though, the pricing point does mean there is more incentive to make great Apps.

nealh

Contributor
Silver
Apr 3, 2008
wish I had waited 2 mo to change phones...as they only thing I really like is the reduced weight and size(at least from what I can tell)
3G/GPS is nice but really important for me....

Looks like the data plan will $30 month...more inline with Blackberry $35 on AT&T

I cant justify a new one at this point in time....

chrissurra

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
MobileMe is more exciting to me, my gen 1 battery will be spared thats to PUSH!

Mikewgolf

Jan 30, 2007
What about the contracts has the contract price changed?

xxsirvtecxx

Bronze
Mar 3, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
This by far was the biggest dissappointment EVER! Way not to accomplish what other phones have already accomplished Apple! Really all the new iPhone is, is slimmer, has GPS, and well a different color option, and cheaper...I just think that Apple is nominated for the biggest failure yet...im keeping my old iPhone even though its only a few months old...not even worth selling for a new one...i look forward to the new apps for the existing iPhone....god im just really pissed about all this hype and what for...GPS and colors lol

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Lol. I hate to say it, but +1,000,000,000,000 lol

Atlas

Bronze
Oct 14, 2007
Add no voice dialing and no mention of viewing adobe attachments.

seb481

Silver
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
MobileMe is more exciting to me, my gen 1 battery will be spared thats to PUSH!
I can't seem to understand what's exciting about MobileMe.... The $100 you'll have to pay/year? The fact that push email is including with BlackBerry for FREE? I'm being ironic.

Please explain to me what's cool about MobileMe. Will I have to change my email address?

xSoNiCcRaCkErSx

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
I am very disappointed myself. I won't be getting one. I didn't pay 650$ with tax this time last year to replace the phone for 300$ when the only thing upgraded was the speed pretty much. My last phone before the iPhone was 3G HTC 8525 and that phone STRUGGLED with battery life with 3G, so I am VERY skeptical how this phone will do with extensive internet use. I am sure like my HTC, someone will immediately release a 3G on/off switch to help save battery. Where is Copy/Paste, nice Camera, w/ Video? and who cares about the app store. Every problem and thing I could have possibly needed except copy/paste was solved by 3rd party apps although a ton of them are proving not to be free anymore :( . I also would like it to be priced a lot more. I've always owned ridiculously expensive phones and I loved how no one else had it. I don't want my phone to be like the Motorola Razor or LG Envy where every other person you see has one with the only difference being the color.

JuSeDing

Bronze
Mar 1, 2008
Torontoo
I am very disappointed myself. I won't be getting one. I didn't pay 650$ with tax this time last year to replace the phone for 300$ when the only thing upgraded was the speed pretty much. My last phone before the iPhone was 3G HTC 8525 and that phone STRUGGLED with battery life with 3G, so I am VERY skeptical how this phone will do with extensive internet use. I am sure like my HTC, someone will immediately release a 3G on/off switch to help save battery. Where is Copy/Paste, nice Camera, w/ Video? and who cares about the app store. Every problem and thing I could have possibly needed except copy/paste was solved by 3rd party apps although a ton of them are proving not to be free anymore :( . I also would like it to be priced a lot more. I've always owned ridiculously expensive phones and I loved how no one else had it. I don't want my phone to be like the Motorola Razor or LG Envy where every other person you see has one with the only difference being the color.

Co-Sign!
but I don't understand what you mean by "although a ton of them are proving not to be free anymore" Are you saying that the V1 iPhones won't have any more apps?

chrissurra

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
I can't seem to understand what's exciting about MobileMe.... The $100 you'll have to pay/year? The fact that push email is including with BlackBerry for FREE? I'm being ironic.

Please explain to me what's cool about MobileMe. Will I have to change my email address?
I can log into my work computer or home computer and change my schedule, mobile upload pics taken from the iPhone, have emails pushed to my phone instead of setting it to look for email at a certain time which will save battery life.

It depends how you use your phone but for me this is a great new feature. I can have my exchange server at work and now my home schedule always updated.

Plus the drop box to share files, I already have .mac and they added a ton of new features

Heres a better description http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/08/06/09/Apple_introduces_mobileme_push_internet_service.html