3G iPhone Image Display Quality Question

marcbkk

Bronze
Jun 29, 2008
One of my main purposes for purchasing the new 3G iPhone will be for the traveling picture portfolio aspect of it. On the first model the issue was that you couldn’t upload any pictures in a resolution higher than 320 x 480 resolution with a DPI of 163. This hinders and limits the overall picture viewing quality. And any pictures uploaded at a higher resolution on the original iPhone are automatically downsized by iTunes to the above resolution as well. So there was and possibly still is no way around it.

My question is if on the new 3G version if there will be any greater flexibility to save pictures at higher resolutions for purposes for zooming in on pictures? Also, is the overall picture display quality improved at all?

Aug 30, 2007
Ohio
I don't know the answer to your specific question... but there is a kludgy workaround to the image size issue if you work on a Mac.
Use FileMark Maker to store the full size image as a bookmark on your iPhone (which you must then sync with iTunes) and when the link is selected in the browser, the image will display in full resolution. Note the image is stored on the iPhone. Not as slick as the iPhone image viewer but works well in if there is no other alternative.

Available as a free download from http://www.insanelygreattees.com/news/?p=51

Jun 7, 2007
Queens, NY
iPhone hasn't changed from the current model except for a swap out of chip technology and probably a battery change. There has been discussion of screen quality on the site before. As far as the conclusion goes, the screen is the same as current, camera is the same. Hope that helps.

marcbkk

Bronze
Jun 29, 2008
@BamBam - Thanks. I was aware of some work of the arounds, including one where you save your images as PDF files to be able to view them bigger. But the whole attraction to me is that thumb through the gallery concept which makes it real easy for you to hand off your phone to a client and have them easily and swiftly look through your portfolio with being able to double click on any image they would like to see in a higher resolution. As you said, any of those workarounds wouldn't allow for that unfortunately.

@justahsquirrel - Thanks. I guess that is the simple answer to my question.